Teams with different home and road colors

On 7/16/2019 at 5:57 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I’d totally forgotten about the Atlanta Thrashers in regards to this topic till now.

spacer.png

The original version of the home jersey was far superior to the bastardized Reebok edge version.  It is also a good example of something that started out as an alternate and should have stayed an alternate.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exact topic crossed my mind the other day. Funny.

In the NFL we have several that could count:

Ravens: purple home jerseys, minimal purple on road sets

Titans have featured more navy at home and more columbia on the road in years past, but not as much recently

Jaguars when they had teal home jerseys and white on black road uniforms

Broncos once they switched to orange jerseys (could easily fix this by changing the numbers on the white jersey to orange)

Chargers now that powder blue is the home and the road is still navy-heavy

Cowboys have the mismatched blues

Redskins when they wore gold pants at home and burgundy pants on the road

Giants - red vs. blue (works nicely in my opinion though)

Panthers have black-heavy home unis and then white and blue-heavy road unis

Falcons have more black for road and more red for home

Rams - self-explanatory

49 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

In the NFL we have several that could count:

Ravens: purple home jerseys, minimal purple on road sets

I disagree with this.  The numbers on the road jersey are purple.  That is the dominant color on the jersey besides the white jersey itself.

Also, when they wear the white pants with road jersey, the middle stripe is purple.

Option 3 is this . . . 

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

I disagree with this.  The numbers on the road jersey are purple.  That is the dominant color on the jersey besides the white jersey itself.

Also, when they wear the white pants with road jersey, the middle stripe is purple.

I see what you're saying, but my point was that one of their uniforms clearly features notably more purple than the other, with the exception of the newly-introduced purple pants.

Image result for ravens uniform

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I see what you're saying, but my point was that one of their uniforms clearly features notably more purple than the other, with the exception of the newly-introduced purple pants.

Image result for ravens uniform

Fair enough.  There is definitely a lot less purple in those two road sets.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You gotta take into consideration the fact that the Ravens like to mix and match, as well as the relative co-dominance of purple and black in their scheme.  These facts muddy the waters in this regard, IMO.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

12 hours ago, flyersfan said:

I wouldn’t say the panthers one. The rest I agree but I think black is more the primary on the roads, meaning it matches the homes 

The questionable white on white is what triggered this one for me. The home has been black on silver or more recently black on black, but the standard road is white/white with lots of blue accents.

Image result for carolina panthers uniforms

Archived