Eagles concept

Discrim

I figure it happens to all of us eventually...the muse simply hasn't been there lately.  That is, until I sketched a few ideas down...and realized I was sitting on an Eagles set I not only never posted, but had left unfinished until now.

phieaglesmain17.png

Two tone green, as kelly green returns as the primary hue, with midnight green remaining as trim.  Silver returns, albeit with a greenish tint.  The jersey and pants blend a few eras: the pants are from the Cunningham era, the shoulder stripe-cuff combo is from the late 60s, albeit colored in a different manner than that set had been (and I may have had King Corcoran on my mind a little bit, too), and then the chest striping is from the Jaworski era's sleeves, also seen on the socks.

phieaglesalt19.png

Both of the alts are throwback inspired, the third being a tweaked version of the 40s greens, with plain silver pants and a little addition to the yoke-stripe, alluding to the helmet's wings; the heritage uniform is loosely based on something the Eagles' predecessors, the Frankford Yellow Jackets, had worn early in their time in the NFL, hence their YFJ monogram on the back of the jersey.  Sleeve stripes were turned into wings, largely for the hell of it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived