Would you attend a Silent Sporting Event?

Fitzy0220

On 7/15/2019 at 4:18 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I’ll go a step further - would you attend a sport-free sporting event?

Honestly the baseball game is just a distraction from the hot dog cannons, bongo-cam, mascot dance, drinking, fires, and the wave. 

No because I don't go to games for hot dog cannons, bongo-cam, mascot dance, fires, and the wave. Even if some people aren't that into the game you still need a an over-arching purpose to gather for the whole spectacle.

I have wondered sometimes why a place like Wrigley Field isn't open on off-days for people to buy lunch and eat in the seats. If GABP was open for lunch I'd go there all the time. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/14/2019 at 7:12 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

The thing is, they're not even 'distractions.  What are you supposed to do when there's a pitching change?  Sit there debating the merits of bringing in a lefty or watching his warmup pitches to see if you can pick up on how his stuff looks that day?  Someone said "that's what the ticket is for".  Bull crap.  The ticket is for whatever I bought it for.  If it's to gain entrance into the beer garden, or to catch up with friends and BS with each other about life, or to watch the game, or just to eat 32 $1 dogs, then so be it.  

True...Trivia games for prizes, sausage races, etc. don't actually take away from the game.

But it's still OK to talk about baseball at a baseball game...and at Target Field (and I'm guessing elsewhere) between innings every scoreboard (including the tickers between decks) is showing an advertisement or a "distraction."  It would be nice to see score/inning/lineup, etc., while mascots are trying to catch eggs without breaking them.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived