Houston Rockets Redesign (7/17 update)

Htown1141

The one they actually made is absolute garbage.

Things of note:

-I made this via an all-nighter, so I don't know where I got the navy from

-The light blue is the old rockets light blue in their 96-03 set

-The orange is the Astros orange

-I kept their current font, but tweaked the C's and S's.

EGxYuVh.png

Lmk what y'all think! I ain't got much to do other than incessantly check this forum so I'll be quick to respond and tweak as necessary : )

2 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

The one they actually made is absolute garbage.

Things of note:

-I made this via an all-nighter, so I don't know where I got the navy from

-The light blue is the old rockets light blue in their 96-03 set

-The orange is the Astros orange

-I kept their current font, but tweaked the C's and S's.

EGxYuVh.png

Lmk what y'all think! I ain't got much to do other than incessantly check this forum so I'll be quick to respond and tweak as necessary : )

Saying their new logo is garbage, is an insult to garbage. Now this on the other hand, is straight fuego! Great work. Looking forward to seeing what uni sets

This is great work! Really distinguishable and gives the Rockets a more sports oriented feel instead of feeling like a DLC to game, which the current does! I would really love to see what it would look like if you recoloured it in Rockets colours - would be really cool if you used the earned edition! I am by no means taking away anything from the palette you are using, which is really crisp and clean. Anyways, thumbs up from me :) 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

This looks excellent! It's a nice good modernization of the San Diego-era logo.

I love the dark navy & orange to match the Astros and Dynamo.

I get that it's the '90s shade, but I would replace the teal with a silvery powder blue.

Great work!

So I decided to blow the rocket up and try again. I felt that it got a bit too "Planet Express"-y  after looking at it for a while, and some fresh eyes on twitter and among friends have helped me come up with some ideas on how to make the logo itself better. I heard something about colors from y'all so here they are!

(top left): 90's colors

(top right): original color scheme

(bottom left): The current global logo color scheme

(bottom right): the championship color scheme

1x6pwLp.png

Great looking logo and a great looking update. I'd personally go with either top left or bottom right. In my opinion the bottom left (black/red) evokes too much of the Toronto Raptors' current identity with a white and red roundel on a black background. I really like the new color set of the top right, but I think it's a little too close to the OKC Thunder identity with navy, sky blue, and orange. Always been a fan of the "McDonald's" era Rockets identity, but it's hard to argue with the boldness provided by the contrast in the top left logo. I'd love to see a few uniform mockups in each colorway to get an idea of how they'd look in action. 

Really cool to see the logo in different colours! I actually like the global logo color scheme the best of the bunch! The championship rendition is coming at a close second - Rockets should seriously consider using your work as inspiration!! 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

I actually prefer the astros colors, I don’t  see the argument that it’s similar to the thunder, thunder aren’t a navy dominant team, their blue is much lighter, and the orange might be too. I think if you emphasize the navy and orange with little lighter blue, you wouldn’t have to worry at all. Outside of the orange I like the top left. It works pretty well.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

All 4 options are great, I definitely lean towards the bottom right because its the classic color combo that I grew up with. That said, the rocket in that design doesn't stand out as much when compared to the other designs since the rocket is white and is missing the accent line on the fuselage. Perhaps make the rocket light grey or silver with a red accent line? It may deviate from the championship era colors a bit, but I think that would help.

I’d lean bottom right or top left. Beautiful logo.

I do not understand how a team can produce something such as their new “Global” logo and call it a day. Especially when there is concepts such as this floating around. Solid work, HTown.

The new rocket is a huge improvement - it looks much less cartoony. However, I'd reduce the stroke weight a little of the basketball seams and around the rocket. It's a little overpowering, especially with the thin font used.

Beyond that, this would be by far the best logo the Rockets have ever had.

Archived