Flag Football Team Concept: Misfits

FroznYogurt

Hey guys, would greatly appreciate some help with the concept for my flag football team. Our team name is the Misfits. We started off as a free agent team where no one knew each other and eventually built into a championship winning team over the course of several seasons.

Our current identity is basically a ripoff of TCU, using the same font and color scheme of Purple, White, and Black. Open to color scheme changes, though would maybe like to keep purple. We originally chose purple because no other team in the league wears it.

Having a difficult time brainstorming a mascot logo because a “Misfit” doesn’t physically resemble anything. Not sure which direction to take.

Here's our current look:

IMG-3182.jpgIMG-3188.jpgIMG-6166-2.jpg

With a name like the Misfits, it could be fun to play with some unusual designs.

Perhaps you could go the name & number on the front, and a logo on the back!

Or you could go with having every number is a different color (i.e. 1's are black, 2's are orange, 3's are blue, etc) or a different font.

IDK how practical that any of that is, just an idea.

This is kinda out of left field but a “island of misfit toy” theme could be interesting if done right. It might be difficult to achieve the “toughness” of football, but this is the only imagery I could think of with the given name.spacer.png

Excellent!

I knew a guy that always wore this shirt, so naturally I always think of this when I hear the name. 

theoriginalmisfits.jpg

For a more simplistic idea, something like the saying, "a square peg in a round hole" also comes to mind. Like this children's game with various shapes --

000575_1.jpg?sw=562&sh=570&sm=fit

Not sure how you'd illustrate this as a group/team of misfits, but for a crude example --

3Qwulbj.png

TCU's colors are great, but I love when they add the splash of red. You might experiment with that for your colors. 

tcu-vs-lsu-aug-31.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived