Give Us The Swamp Dragons, Brooklyn!

Give Us The Swamp Dragons, Brooklyn!

July 19, 2019 - 14:42 PM

This NBA offseason, the Brooklyn Nets made some major moves by signing the superstar duo of Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving to free agent deals. After the team’s progress and success of last season by making it to the playoffs […]

Read More...

HECK YES TO ALL OF IT!

I think this is a great use of the City Jerseys. Is it MiLBish? Yes. But, we kind of already turned that corner already. I'd love to see other mockups and what-ifs like the Charlotte Flight, Orlando Juice, Minnesota Polars, etc. I'm sure there are some what-if designs laying around.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

HECK YES TO ALL OF IT!

I think this is a great use of the City Jerseys. Is it MiLBish? Yes. But, we kind of already turned that corner already. I'd love to see other mockups and what-ifs like the Charlotte Flight, Orlando Juice, Minnesota Polars, etc. I'm sure there are some what-if designs laying around.

The Wild's website includes one for each of the names they considered

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/lets-go-white-bears/c-552722

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, kimball said:

HECK YES TO ALL OF IT!

Proposed name nights are minor league, but honestly it’s the best thing minor league does. It’s the most professional thing they do. I’d love to see every team have a “franchise” uniform, like the association and icon and all that. But the franchise is a throwback, classic, or proposed look. Embracing the teams (while not always great) origins and history.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

20 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Art Deco?

giphy.gif

And no.  The original design was trash, and not even Conrad can polish this one. 

I think he means the logo on the far right hat.

also it’s not for their main set, it’s just for one or two years, I think it works.

Excellent!

I have a theory that this board is far more favorable to homegrown content and ideas than they are to anything produced outside of it. I've seen you guys be so kind so some really bad ideas and poop on solid stuff

11 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

Not off the top of my head. Just something I've noticed over the years

Well that's vague. Is it something to do with the concepts that we praise, people liking/disliking minor-league identities, or anything of the sort? I'd like examples, please.

Because let me tell you, the Swamp Dragons is only good in the ironic sense. The name is way too silly for an NBA team, the logo makes the Raptors' initial logo look almost austere, and the font choice is delightfully dated. It's trash, but trash that gets clicks and @CC97 loves him some clicks (but not fixing database errors)!

15 hours ago, O.C.D said:

I have a theory that this board is far more favorable to homegrown content and ideas than they are to anything produced outside of it. I've seen you guys be so kind so some really bad ideas and poop on solid stuff

There is a bias toward established community members who have ascended from hobbyist to in-the-biz, but not so much that their worst beats outsiders' best. andrewharrington, BrandMooreArt, and Fraser Davidson have broken out of here, but people still argue about their work, often to their e-faces.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:50 PM, OnWis97 said:

The Wild's website includes one for each of the names they considered

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/lets-go-white-bears/c-552722

The Blue Ox sweater looks amazing but I'm kinda meh on all the other options, especially the Northern Lights concept.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Archived