2020 NHL Winter Classic (3D Mock-up Added)

JB Designs

The Winter Classic is the perfect time to throwback to the early days of a Franchise's identity. When you have two younger teams, however, this isn't as much of an option. So with the Dallas Stars and Nashville Predators set to do battle on Jan 1, 2020, what is one to do?

Look even further back! This concept goes all the way back to the first hockey teams in each cities history. The Stars basing their look on the Dallas Texas of the 1940s and the Predators throwing back to a look inspired by the 1960s Nashville Dixie Flyers.

Here's what the Texans rocked in their heyday...

spacer.png

And the Dixie Flyers...

spacer.png

We bring those looks into the modern day (with some team specific flair) for the 2020 Winter Classic (at least in COncept Land, anyway)...

spacer.png

I really like how you took each city's hockey history into account instead of defaulting to a North Stars fauxback for Dallas. The concepts themselves are great. I kinda like the idea of putting the captain's patches on the sleeves; it's different, and I wouldn't want to see it all the time, but it works for a Winter Classic concept. 

I didn't even notice the names until @NoE38 pointed them out. As a Blues fan, I approve. 

Nice work!

16 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Love the namebars.

Everything is great! Only thing I don't like are the pants, but I'll let them slide if it's only for one game.

13 hours ago, Heitert said:

I really like how you took each city's hockey history into account instead of defaulting to a North Stars fauxback for Dallas. The concepts themselves are great. I kinda like the idea of putting the captain's patches on the sleeves; it's different, and I wouldn't want to see it all the time, but it works for a Winter Classic concept. 

I didn't even notice the names until @NoE38 pointed them out. As a Blues fan, I approve. 

Nice work!

32 minutes ago, JJ Anderes said:

I like how you were creative with the captain's patches, especially Nashville's. Other than Dallas's pants, everything else looks good!

Thanks guys! The idea for the captains patches came from the Texans having a star patch on their left arm and my desire to carry that over to the WC set, but give it some purpose. Figure'd I'd add one to Nashville to give the game a little unnecessary consistency. I'd probably have them operate like the patches the Rangers used in the 2018 WC, where the captains their "C" or "A" in the patch, bud I'd leave it blank for everyone else.

Knew Dallas' pants would be a tough sell, but its a lot of green otherwise and I figured it'd be not too far a cry from a callback to the canvas pants and gloves of that era.

Plus Vancouver has proven that it can work, provided its in small doses.

spacer.png

I like the Dallas design a lot! The inspiration is solid and the tan pants are cool, IMO. Only suggestions would be to use a serifed font for  the "Stars" text, and to shift it over so the T is centered with the left bar of the D.

I think blue numbers would be better for Nashville. You could also move the sleeve numbers down to match the inspiring look.

Looks nice!

probably on both, but for me more-so on the Preds, move the numbers to the arms.  as is it has too much of a recolored Panthers jersey going on.  I love it though.  Color balance makes the gold pop.  

I think the tan pants work for Dallas.  Not sure why but it just does.  

On 8/2/2019 at 1:29 PM, B-mer said:

probably on both, but for me more-so on the Preds, move the numbers to the arms.  as is it has too much of a recolored Panthers jersey going on.  I love it though.  Color balance makes the gold pop.  

I think the tan pants work for Dallas.  Not sure why but it just does.  

Made some adjustments and gave the designs a test run on a new 3D template (as designed by @Bpoe96) Let me know what you think!

spacer.png

P.S. BPoe also helped with the shading on the Preds logo to give it a more vintage treatment, so thanks to him on that as well!

• JB Designs changed the title to 2020 NHL Winter Classic (3D Mock-up Added)

Archived