College Basketball 2019-20

Louisville Adds Dunking Cardinal Logo To Basketball Court

August 4, 2019 - 01:46 AM

The University of Louisville announced on Thursday morning that it will place the old-school Dunking Cardinal logo at center court of the KFC Yum! Center for the 2019-20 season. “No other Louisville logo elicits more affinity across all generations of […]

Read More...

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that they specifically mentioned the women's basketball team being excited about a dunking mascot. 

Read into that what you will. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, MattMill said:

This feels like Adidas had some involvements. A logo with product placement? Not so shocking anymore. 

Believe it or not, that was a request from the university.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Believe it or not, that was a request from the university.

Makes sense. The old football logo with cleats was super generic. The old dunking logo looked like converse chuck Taylor’s. But having the three stripes on the court in the corners and subtlety on the mascot at dozens of feet wide, for some its an easy show that product placement is real. Is this the first logo with a brand on it? 

Arizona is trying to find a spot(s) on the court to bring back the old school cactus/mountains/sun logo that was on the court during the Lute Olson era. Problem is the A logo is required by the university to be a center court, the Pac-12 logos are required, there’s the Lute & Bobbi Olson Court logo, plus the logo of the university’s hospital that is paid for.

Also hearing of new uniforms this season but I’m not able to confirm anything.

5 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Arizona is trying to find a spot(s) on the court to bring back the old school cactus/mountains/sun logo that was on the court during the Lute Olson era. Problem is the A logo is required by the university to be a center court, the Pac-12 logos are required, there’s the Lute & Bobbi Olson Court logo, plus the logo of the university’s hospital that is paid for.

Probably on the apron somehow (which would be a downer of a solution because of all the rules and other logos)? Could they somehow do it in a wood tone in the half-circles? 

Glad to hear they are trying to being it back.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Would love to see something like this that I made up. I personally like the first two options best.

11OjaAd.jpg

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Ugh.  Gross.

I figured this sort of old-school mascot would be totally your sort of thing.   I'm not a fan of it, though I don't find it as particularly bad as some of the others from that era.

Though... did they modify the cardinal so that he's wearing Adidas shoes? Now that's pretty gross.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

6 hours ago, Mockba said:

I figured this sort of old-school mascot would be totally your sort of thing.   I'm not a fan of it, though I don't find it as particularly bad as some of the others from that area.

Though... did they modify the cardinal so that he's wearing Adidas shoes? Now that's pretty gross.

That and modified the head to better mimic the current logo.

6 hours ago, Mockba said:

I figured this sort of old-school mascot would be totally your sort of thing.   I'm not a fan of it, though I don't find it as particularly bad as some of the others from that area.

Yep.  That’s my objection.  The school made sure that was included. Gross. 

Obviously UW will be getting new uniforms with the switchover to adidas.  I'm interested to see what they come up with, I like the change on the football side.  But the Nike basketball jerseys I never had a problem with.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

30 minutes ago, lilgump said:

Obviously UW will be getting new uniforms with the switchover to adidas.  I'm interested to see what they come up with, I like the change on the football side.  But the Nike basketball jerseys I never had a problem with.

They need to drop "the iconic jaws of Husky Stadium" look they have going. 

11052018_husky_110459-780x492.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived