SportsLogos.Net News

College Basketball 2019-20

Duke Blue Devils Tease New Basketball Uniforms

September 12, 2019 - 16:45 PM

Several members of the Duke men’s basketball program took to Instagram on Wednesday evening to show off brand new uniforms for the 2019-20 season following the Blue Devils’ preseason photoshoot. Freshman forward Wendell Moore and freshman guards Cassius Stanley and […]

Read More...

The biggest difference with the new uniforms, which feature the familiar royal blue side panel and striping pattern around the collar and shoulders, is the waistband. Rather than matching the primary color of the uniform, the waistband uses a contrasting color.

Huh?

Duke had contrasting waistbands in the 80s/90s, then striped waistbands (mid 90s-2000s).

CNvr0z7WcAADfaI.jpg

nov-1997-forward-roshown-mcleod-of-the-d

I LOVE THESE! I do not care that the panels looked crammed onto the template, or the piping is different at the bottom of the shorts. I am just happy that Duke looks like Duke again. I've waited 15 years for this look to come back. If you are a fan of the Blue Jays or Mets, you should completely understand how I feel about these.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Huh?

Duke had contrasting waistbands in the 80s/90s, then striped waistbands (mid 90s-2000s).

The set I was referring to is the second photo, which has a primarily white waistband with a blue stripe. The new set is the inverse of that with a mostly blue waistband with a white stripe. I certainly could have phrased it better, so I've updated the story.

Nike Adds Gold Tab To College Basketball Uniforms To Denote National Championships

September 13, 2019 - 06:14 AM

In similar fashion to how the NBA recognizes past champions, Nike will outfit its premier college basketball programs in jerseys that feature a gold tab on the back collar this season.  Nike’s involvement in college athletics dates back to 1985 […]

Read More...

I’ve always wanted other sports to follow soccer in putting stars or something to represent the amount of championships. I think putting those stars on the back of the collar for most sports would work

Wouldn’t this need to be universal to have some larger appeal?

It feels like Nike just wants to gloat. 

What about teams that switch sponsorships. Imagine UCLA winning with UA and ADIDAS, a former long time sponsor, wanting to do something. 

I’ve always found it odd that the blue NCAA logo is mandated on jerseys ONLY for the NCAA tournament. Regular season is free reign. 

Nike annoys me in how they’ve approached this. They used to put the logo in a silver medallion to denote Nike “elite” teams which I believe were the ones that had made Final Fours. Well all of a sudden George Mason goes on that magical run and guess what they stop doing?

I was excited for Gonzaga to join too after their F4 run but of course they don’t get the “elite” treatment either... and they won’t now since the refs fouled out Zach Collins and they lost the title game to UNC.

Cool idea in theory but basically this is another way for Nike to put the blue bloods up on a pedestal.

Something to denote Final Fours regardless of uni manufacturer would be cooler.

Hope Oregon gets the same treatment for our 1939 championship we cling onto

17 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Hope Oregon gets the same treatment for our 1939 championship we cling onto

The gold tab is only for the teams that have won a National Championship while being outfitted by Nike/Jordan Brand. That’s why Oregon hasn’t had the iridescent triangular Nike Platinum Elite badge below the neckline, because their national championship came (way) before their days being outfitted by Nike. Since making it to the Final Four, however, they have had the silver circular medallion below the neckline, which was for the Nike Elite schools that made it to the Final Four while being outfitted by Nike:

spacer.png

Based on this screenshot from a gif posted by Michigan State’s twitter account, it looks like the Nike Elite teams that have made it to a Final Four will now have a silver tab on the back neck instead of the silver medallion, and following the same design as the gold national championship tab:

spacer.png

So expect the Oregon men, and the women’s team after last season’s Final Four appearance, to both have the silver tab on the back neck this season.

UW basketball jerseys dropped.

The black one is awful. 

More pictures 

Really uninspired work. Black looks like a track jersey.

Soccer. Volleyball. Basketball. football.  All the uniforms so far from Adidas seem like default creations with the wordmark and number slapped on.  

I mean, I love the football jerseys got rid of black, and the Sheen stripe is ok I guess. But everything seems so uninspired.  Can we get a purple or gold stripe anywhere?

Villanova Wildcats Unveil New Basketball Uniforms

September 13, 2019 - 22:52 PM

Villanova will celebrate its 100th season of men’s basketball this year with brand new uniform, which head coach Jay Wright unveiled on Friday morning. The white home uniform features the same arched font as the Wildcats’ previous set, but is […]

Read More...

On one hand, it's a million times better than their previous uniforms.

On the other hand, these are extremely boring and the color balance is way off. There's a little too much purple and not enough gold.

10 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Nike annoys me in how they’ve approached this. They used to put the logo in a silver medallion to denote Nike “elite” teams which I believe were the ones that had made Final Fours. Well all of a sudden George Mason goes on that magical run and guess what they stop doing?

I was excited for Gonzaga to join too after their F4 run but of course they don’t get the “elite” treatment either... and they won’t now since the refs fouled out Zach Collins and they lost the title game to UNC.

Cool idea in theory but basically this is another way for Nike to put the blue bloods up on a pedestal.

Something to denote Final Fours regardless of uni manufacturer would be cooler.

Gonzaga did get the Elite treatment.  George Mason is a "supplier" school which wears catalog jerseys, as such, it was never up for the Nike Elite treatment.  To qualify, you have to win a title when you are a Nike school with one of the Nike Team Sports contracts with custom uniforms.

Purdue women were a Champion team in 1999; they will not get a gold tab as the article indicates.

Guess all home basketball teams in the Wells Fargo Center have to utilize drop shadowing.