College Basketball 2019-20

First glimpse at the new uniforms for the Oregon women:

Pretty simplistic overall, with the green/yellow/green trim on the jerseys and shorts. The number font now matches the font that’s been adopted by pretty much the entire athletic department. I’ll be curious to see if the men’s basketball team follows suit and adopts that font this year or if they’ll continue wearing the same set as the last few years. It also looks like these new jerseys for the women have contrasting nameplates like last season’s football jerseys.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

First glimpse at the new uniforms for the Oregon women:

Pretty simplistic overall, with the green/yellow/green trim on the jerseys and shorts. The number font now matches the font that’s been adopted by pretty much the entire athletic department. I’ll be curious to see if the men’s basketball team follows suit and adopts that font this year or if they’ll continue wearing the same set as the last few years. It also looks like these new jerseys for the women have contrasting nameplates like last season’s football jerseys.

I too wonder if the men will follow suit and drop the basketball font as well.

It'll be a sad day when they abandon that font. To me it matches the "Oregon" font from the redesign so much better than this new block

59 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

I too wonder if the men will follow suit and drop the basketball font as well.

It'll be a sad day when they abandon that font. To me it matches the "Oregon" font from the redesign so much better than this new block

I’ve really appreciated how the basketball programs have stuck with that font for so long. I wouldn’t wanna see that font used on the football uniforms again, but it has always felt right on the basketball uniforms IMO. Alas, this new block font seems like a department-wide switch, so I’d bet the men’s basketball team will switch to it as well whenever they get a new set (whether that’s this year or not remains to be seen).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Some better looks at the Oregon women’s new white uniforms:

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

From these shots we can clearly see the inlines in the numbers, the silver tab on the back neck to mark last year’s Final Four appearance, and the Fighting Ducks logo on the waistband.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I've been fearing the arrival of non-wood color courts for a while. That thing is hideous. Somebody should probably tell Memphis that you're not supposed to color in the upper half of the free throw circle, because then things get penis-y.

Looks like the Oregon men will be sticking with the same set for at least one more season:

Chances are they’ll get a new set for the 2020/21 season which’ll feature the new block font and which will have similar design elements to the women’s team’s new set. Interestingly enough though, this’ll technically be the fourth different iteration of this set for the men. The first iteration had the skinnier shoulders and the regular ‘O’ logo below the collar (the collar logo was only on the standard white, apple green, yellow, and black jerseys):

spacer.png

Then after their 2016/17 Final Four appearance, all of their jerseys were updated to include Nike’s silver Final Four medallion below the collar:

spacer.png

Last season their jerseys were updated to have the wider shoulder cut:

spacer.png

And now this season they’ve removed the silver medallion since Nike has updated to the silver and gold back neck tabs to mark Final Fours/Championships, and they’ve decided to leave the collar area blank:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

No official reveal yet, but here are a few looks at the Oregon women’s new black set from Pac-12 media day today:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not as good as the white set, but still pretty nice overall. I like that the black set actually has green and yellow accents instead of just yellow. The chest logo isn’t the best, but I’m fine with it being used on the black set as long as the green and yellow sets have regular word marks (which I’m fairly confident they will). The one thing that does really bug me about this black set is that the green/yellow/green collar and armhole trim doesn’t match the shorts, which has yellow/green/yellow trim. Those should match IMO, but that’s a fairly small gripe.

Edit- And now the official reveal of the black set:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

Not gonna lie, I like the contrasting nameplates.  I liked them on the football unis as well.

I did actually kind of like them on the football unis (though I think the regular nameplates on this year’s jerseys look better), but they look a bit awkward on the basketball jerseys IMO. I don’t hate them, though. The women’s team hasn’t even had NOB’s on their jerseys the last several years, so I’m mainly just happy to see the NOB’s return in the first place.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Iowa Hawkeyes Tease New Basketball Uniforms

October 9, 2019 - 03:34 AM

With the college basketball season right around the corner, programs across the country have started unveiling their new uniforms. The latest team to do so was Iowa, which offered a glimpse of its new home threads on Tuesday evening. While […]

Read More...

Syracuse Orange Unveil New Basketball Court Design

October 10, 2019 - 15:29 PM

Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim Court will have a new look this season, as the Orange are set to officially unveil the redesigned hardwood during their annual Orange vs. White scrimmage on Oct. 11. Naturally, Syracuse’s Block “S” and Jim Boeheim’s signature […]

Read More...

Archived