College Basketball 2019-20

12 hours ago, Tiny_Grandpa said:

EIkw-msWoAEZ-_R?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Here's a look at Iowa's new uniform.  Looks like the Memphis Grizzlies' template.  A definite upgrade over their last uniform.

As an Iowa fan, I do like it, but I would prefer the stripe on the side to either be on both sides or to be absent entirely. Otherwise It's definitely better than the last set.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Tiny_Grandpa said:

EIkw-msWoAEZ-_R?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Here's a look at Iowa's new uniform.  Looks like the Memphis Grizzlies' template.  A definite upgrade over their last uniform.

Reminds me of the old Champions uniforms for UMass in the 90's. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Gold trimmed white uni for Duke in honor of Coach K. It’s a solid look, I just hope it doesn’t get overused. A couple games would be nice, but stay with the standard white and blue for the majority

Edit: Turns out it’s not a white uni, but a light gray

59 minutes ago, jn8 said:
Gold trimmed white uni for Duke in honor of Coach K. It’s a solid look, I just hope it doesn’t get overused. A couple games would be nice, but stay with the standard white and blue for the majority

I too hope it doesn’t get overused, but that’s a really tastefully done alternate for them. They could’ve easily gone overboard with the gold accents, but limiting it to the collar/armhole trim and side panels was a really smart way to add that touch of gold without it overpowering the rest of the uniform.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/7/2019 at 8:35 PM, BearW17hNoName said:

spacer.png
Baylor unveiled new "Arctic" alts today. Personally not a fan. I'd rather Baylor stick to volt for alternates, the camo here feels forced. 

I disagree the volt was hideous, this isn’t good but I honestly like it better than volt

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Duke’s Coach K uniforms in action tonight:

Correcting myself from earlier, turns out it’s a light gray, not white, as a nod to Coach K’s time at Army. They looked good on court, most TV angles didn’t look hardly any different than the regular white set. Like I said earlier though, don’t go overboard with them and just keep it limited to a couple games.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:35 PM, BearW17hNoName said:

spacer.png
Baylor unveiled new "Arctic" alts today. Personally not a fan. I'd rather Baylor stick to volt for alternates, the camo here feels forced. 

they're playing in the Armed Forces classic tonight. Washington has a camo wordmark.

The Oregon women debuted their new yellow uniforms tonight, and they’re absolutely fantastic:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are probably my favorite of their new set, though the white and green versions are great as well (and the black set is nice, but not nearly as good as the other three). Overall this new set is really sharp, and I hope the men’s team comes out with a similar set next season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, MattMill said:

Am I the only One annoyed by Michigans tiny word mark and numbers?

spacer.png

What's their end game here? All their players look like they're wearing children Sized jerseys. 

spacer.png

I don't get it. 

Nike felt the need to compensate for making Oregon’s football numbers so massive last year, or MSU football’s “STATE” alternate where the wordmark can be seen from space

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

38 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Oregon women debuted their new yellow uniforms tonight, and they’re absolutely fantastic:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are probably my favorite of their new set, though the white and green versions are great as well (and the black set is nice, but not nearly as good as the other three). Overall this new set is really sharp, and I hope the men’s team comes out with a similar set next season.

Those are hideous. There's absolutely zero balancing of colors and that shade of yellow is just not appealing. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Those are hideous. There's absolutely zero balancing of colors and that shade of yellow is just not appealing. 

I disagree completely with the first part, but I can understand not liking the Ducks’ bright shade of yellow. I happen to love it and love how it pairs with their apple green, but I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This is a case where a few degrees of separation is all you need.

The shade of yellow they're using looks washed out and dingy.  I photoshopped #4 to show just a slight increase in the saturation and hue to make this more of a "true" yellow opposed to the "sweaty pillowcase" shade of yellow they have now. 

jE9TbpO.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

7 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

The shade of yellow they're using looks washed out and dingy.  I photoshopped #4 to show just a slight increase in the saturation and hue to make this more of a "true" yellow opposed to the "sweaty pillowcase" shade of yellow they have now. 

jE9TbpO.jpg

I think the stadium lights drown these out though. LED lighting and a court that has multiple shades of green and brown can drown out yellow and bring up blue. Just look at Alabama's last game under the lights. the strange tinting drowns out lighter colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

jE9TbpO.jpg

The shade of yellow has a tendency to look paler than it really is in still photos, but in person and even on TV the saturation and hue is pretty close to what you photoshopped onto #4. Here’s some highlights from last night’s game to give a sense of that:

I was actually at the game last night and have been to many other games (both football and basketball) where they wore yellow, and it’s definitely more of a saturated shade than the still photos make it appear. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The shade of yellow has a tendency to look paler than it really is in still photos, but in person and even on TV the saturation and hue is pretty close to what you photoshopped onto #4. Here’s some highlights from last night’s game to give a sense of that:

I was actually at the game last night and have been to many other games (both football and basketball) where they wore yellow, and it’s definitely more of a saturated shade than the still photos make it appear. 

That's a great comparison and the live shots look much better. Those still photos got all washed out and yellow looked like Mountain Dew teeth. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

New black alternates for Marquette:

spacer.png

Not only are these BFBS and completely unnecessary, but they’re also kind of a mess aesthetically. Yellow wordmark & numbers, light blue Jumpman and Big East logos, light blue and white striped side panels, and navy on the waistband and in the MU logo. They’re not awful, but they’re the worst of their set IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived