My opinion on minor league hockey jerseys

Retromaniac

I do not believe that minor league hockey jerseys should be rebadged versions of the major league team's jerseys. I believe that every team has the right to their own franchise identity. Some of the logos don't even match the uniforms they are on. Minor League Baseball doesn't copy their major league affiliates, why should minor league hockey? I just think that every team, be they major or minor league, should have their own identity.

Does this copying include the system of the Los Angeles Kings, the Manchester Monarchs and the Reading Royals?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Does this copying include the system of the Los Angeles Kings, the Manchester Monarchs and the Reading Royals?

The Kings should copy the Royals!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I firmly believe each minor league team should craft its own identity.....especially since major affiliations change and can leave a team in the lurch.

But ultimately, it's economic. It's just really expensive to have your own stuff crafted and many teams can't afford it. Even though the Moose don't use a Canucks template, they do use a Blues one.

Plus then you've got goalies who have their helmets and pads matching the parent club (where they'd like to be) and looking stupid when down with the minor team.

It can work in certain situations........The baby leafs look fantastic to me. So do the PBruins. Just makes sense.

I think it should be all or nothing though.....exact copies or totally different.

But you are unlikely to ever see a minor team who's basic stripe pattern isn't that of some current/former NHL team. Just the way it is.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I do not believe that minor league hockey jerseys should be rebadged versions of the major league team's jerseys. I believe that every team has the right to their own franchise identity. Some of the logos don't even match the uniforms they are on. Minor League Baseball doesn't copy their major league affiliates, why should minor league hockey? I just think that every team, be they major or minor league, should have their own identity.

Minor League teams a lot of the time DO copy their major league affiliate. The Red Sox, Braves, Phillies, and Giants come to mind off the top of my head, but I know there is more.

Not all of the teams do, but at least one team in each of this organizations are copies.

Case in point, the Edmonton Roadrunners not Road Runners! The Roadrunners had a nice classic logo, and they changed it to reflect the Oilers and it comes out looking like a demented Woody Woodpecker on crack, they should have their own identity but I guess it's the thing right now but I don't understand it

I'd rather see some relevant coloring to the parent club in Minor League uniforms. when the Lowell LockMonsters first came into the league, they were affiliated with the Islanders. The LM colors were black, red, silver and purple. The Islanders are blue and orange. The LM looked nothing like their parent club. Years passed, and affiliations changed into the LA King, but the uniforms stayed the same.

A few years ago Carolina became the parent for Lowell. Lowell changed the uniforms to look identical to the Hurricanes, with a small exception...a purple stripe was added above the gale flags on the bottom, and just above the red on the sleeves. Without the purple, and the LockMonsters logo, you would think they were the Hurricanes. Same lettering & numbering too.

I think that while the teams can have mostly the same color scheme as their parent clubs, they should be able to be a little creative and not look like clones. Worcester has done this for years now, and so has Hartford and Manchester.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Minor League teams a lot of the time DO copy their major league affiliate. The Red Sox, Braves, Phillies, and Giants come to mind off the top of my head, but I know there is more.

Not all of the teams do, but at least one team in each of this organizations are copies.

Also the former Medicine Hat Blue Jays--(I think they were in the rookie league)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Also the former Medicine Hat Blue Jays--(I think they were in the rookie league)

As far as I know with the current 30 teams Every team has had a minor league team with their parent name in some point in history, EXCEPT for the Arizona Diamondbacks. The closest thing for them was the El Paso Diablos puting the D Backs A logo as the A in Diablos.

Signature intentionally left blank

starting next year, all the st. louis cardinals teams will be either Cardinals, Redbirds except one. The Peoria Cheifs have a cardinal in their logo. I always thought it was kinda cool to have them all the same. It wouldn't be if they were all (the entire league) was like this, but one or two organizations is fine in my opinion.

Archived