Black and White Uniforms Across MLB For Players’ Weekend 2019

tigerraven

This is the DUMBEST thing ever. Those white hats aren't even legible. I feel like this is MLB's answer to the NBA's All-Star Game wanting them to show off their shoe colors.

Dumb.

Dumb.

Dumb.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I'll be watching baseball or Spy vs. Spy.

spyvsspy.jpg?fit=1920,1080&ssl=1

But seriously, "So clean" and infinite fireballs will be a response on Twitter like 80,000 times...which is a shame.

The White Sox script is the only good part about any of this. The Marlins might set the record for most number of jerseys that are completely illegible in one season. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't like the players weekend gimmick, but at least I see the fashion cap/jersey value to last year's.  Are people really going to but this crap (I suppose so...)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I . . . I can’t believe this. To reiterate what others have already said, how someone could’ve thought this was a good idea is beyond me. This is not how I would’ve wanted monochrome to be reintroduced into MLB.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

The Players' Weekend has always given us awful uniforms.  Not sure this is really any worse.

Seriously?  You could at least read the numbers on the old ones.

What made the Players Weekend promotion a treat over the past two seasons was that it was FUN.

For as much as baseball has struggled with resistance to players showing joy on the field, at least for a weekend some of the shackles came off. Using nicknames, bright colors, unique scripts or cap logos, all that was able to allow those games to feel a little less serious and a little less grim.

For 2019, baseball has seemingly stripped a good promotion of its unique character. Instead of fun, bright colors unique to each team we get everyone in black and white. A team or a few teams wearing all black or all white would have been ok but everyone doing it all at once robs the games of individuality. We don't even get unique jersey scripts since, except for the White Sox and Mariners, every team is wearing their regular jersey and cap designs. 

Its mind boggling that a promotion originally based on being light-hearted, whimsical, and quirky has pulled a complete 180 into grim sameness. 

Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

What made the Players Weekend promotion a treat over the past two seasons was that it FUN.

For as much as baseball has struggled with resistance to players showing joy on the field, at least for a weekend some of the shackles came off. Using nicknames, bright colors, unique scripts or cap logos, all that was able to allow those games to feel a little less serious and a little less grim.

For 2019, baseball has seemingly stripped a good promotion of its unique character. Instead of fun, bright colors unique to each team we get everyone in black and white. A team or a few teams wearing all black or all white would have been ok but everyone doing it all at once robs the games of individuality. We don't even get unique jersey scripts since, except for the White Sox and Mariners, every team is wearing their regular jersey and cap designs. 

Its mind boggling that a promotion originally based on being light-hearted, whimsical, and quirky has pulled a complete 180 into grim sameness. 

Well said, my man!  

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived