SportsLogos.Net News

Black and White Uniforms Across MLB For Players’ Weekend 2019

Black and White Uniforms Across MLB For Players’ Weekend 2019

August 6, 2019 - 16:43 PM

Major League Baseball’s most colourful event of the year will be a little less so in 2019. This afternoon the Players’ Weekend uniforms for 2019 were unveiled by both the league and the Major League Baseball Players Association, the uniforms, […]

Read More...

*checks calendar* nope not April 1. Guess MLB is out of ideas.  If the white unis had black trim instead of silver, it might be ok. 

NO NO NO NO NO!!! 🤬🤬

My favorite weekend has been ruined.  There goes my hope for a blue Marlins jersey this year.  White on white?  Seriously?  Good luck selling those jerseys.  I'm pissed.

Cut to: A lavish yacht somewhere off the Florida keys in late April 2019 at 4 a.m. EST...

Exec #1: "Oh god that player's weekend thing is due in 2 hours." 

Exec #2: "Ugh. Text the interns. One'll be all white, one will be all black."

#1: "But wait why..."

#2: "Pass the coke"

I'd be embarrassed to wear that trash.

Those white on white uniforms/caps will officially be the worst apparel ever worn on a major league baseball field.

How to Kill a *Decent* League Wide Promotion:

1. Create promotion and run it for a couple of seasons

2. Promotion is pretty successful 

3. Decide to totally change it and make it the most bland thing possible.

This is a really poor move. The fact that the white jerseys won’t have black names, numbers or the teams logo is dumb for people watching in stands. White on silver rarely looks good.

:censored:ing really? 

These have always sucked, but MY GOD these are bad. 

And at that moment, every white suburban kid smoking a juul and pounding a Monster grew to 5’9” and hammered down on mom’s old Honda Civic.

Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Seattle opting for the black uniforms at home, with the other 11 home teams in white.

This is the DUMBEST thing ever. Those white hats aren't even legible. I feel like this is MLB's answer to the NBA's All-Star Game wanting them to show off their shoe colors.

Dumb.

Dumb.

Dumb.

I don't know if I'll be watching baseball or Spy vs. Spy.

spyvsspy.jpg?fit=1920,1080&ssl=1

But seriously, "So clean" and infinite fireballs will be a response on Twitter like 80,000 times...which is a shame.

The White Sox script is the only good part about any of this. The Marlins might set the record for most number of jerseys that are completely illegible in one season. 

Wow...who signed off on this garbage? I can’t even find the words to describe how disgusting those are.

They'll be popular with gang members, which MLB seems to think is one of its prime target audiences these days. Downright shameful.

These will probably sell pretty well. They'll also be difficult to watch and a scorekeeper's nightmare.

The Players' Weekend has always given us awful uniforms.  Not sure this is really any worse.