SportsLogos.Net News

Black and White Uniforms Across MLB For Players’ Weekend 2019

18 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i dont think thats a problem, really. you know who is at bat and who is in what position. tv / radio / in-stadium calls identify the players as well. 

You're absolutely right.

We don't need NOB on jerseys after all.

22 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

You're absolutely right.

We don't need NOB on jerseys after all.

The Dodgers tried this years ago. it did not go over well.

19 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i dont think thats a problem, really. you know who is at bat and who is in what position. tv / radio / in-stadium calls identify the players as well. 

Then why not have all players wear completely blank jerseys.  People know what teams are playing, why have that on there? lol

17 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The Dodgers tried this years ago. it did not go over well.

Sure it did.  Vin Scully didn't like it, and that was enough.  But now that we know uniform legibility isn't an issue.... ;) 

22 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I had some personal business in St. Louis this morning so I made a stop at Busch Stadium. They had the hats out but not the jerseys. The STL was not embroidered, but rather a rubbery material. Not as bad as the pro light hats where it was stuck on, but not good either. They had both white and black available. I think it’s evident from the pictures, but the hats are the same mesh material as the current BP caps.

As a hat guy, I could not find anything redeeming about them. 

I picked up an NFC version of this cap earlier this year on discount and it has the same logo treatment. 

AFC New Era 2018 Pro Bowl 9FIFTY Adjustable Hat – Red

It's actually not a bad look, and I could see this being the future of 59Fifty On Fields. But why in the world would you just make them all black or all white? What a terrible decision that is. 

Didn't the Little League Classic jerseys match the Players Weekend jerseys the last couple of years? 

I mean, as gaudy as they as these they're much better than the white and black crap they're using for the Players Weekend.

Plus, I KINDA like the team nicknames on the front like that. 

2019-little-league-classic-uniforms-mlb-

They look like Brooklyn Nets Promo Night jerseys. Like something the first 5,000 fans would get at the gate. 

16 minutes ago, kimball said:

Didn't the Little League Classic jerseys match the Players Weekend jerseys the last couple of years? 

I mean, as gaudy as they as these they're much better than the white and black crap they're using for the Players Weekend.

Plus, I KINDA like the team nicknames on the front like that. 

2019-little-league-classic-uniforms-mlb-

This feels like what the regular players weekend should've/would've been, and plans were laid out for it, and then the monochrome thing somehow appeared at the last minute.

I kinda like them, but I'm a sucker for both pullovers and contrasting sleeves, which is why I liked the last few years of jerseys even though my Red Sox literally never won a game in them. But the nickname thing is a little much.

If they really want to capture the Little League aesthetic, they should wear threadbare jerseys with the printing peeling off; A quarter of the teams can wear outdated logos from 10 years ago and another quarter can have generic unlicensed printing.

I like the team nickname thing for players weekend as long as it's a common nickname like the bucs or buccos instead of The Burgh. There are plenty of solid nicknames that would be good in that style like Halos, Fish, Tribe, Stros, Rox, and Brew Crew.

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Then why not have all players wear completely blank jerseys.  People know what teams are playing, why have that on there? lol

i dont know, i didnt design them; theres' no right answer here. but the black-on-black (or white) look is nice i think. thats part of the fashion aspect of it

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Sure it did.  Vin Scully didn't like it, and that was enough.  But now that we know uniform legibility isn't an issue.... ;) 

its one game, y'all will be fine. 

38 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I like the team nickname thing for players weekend as long as it's a common nickname like the bucs or buccos instead of The Burgh. There are plenty of solid nicknames that would be good in that style like Halos, Fish, Tribe, Stros, Rox, and Brew Crew.

Yeah, I could go with nicknames for a players weekend look.

48 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

its one game, y'all will be fine. 

Ah, yes.  The "NEEEEERDS!" argument.  Works every time. :P 

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I picked up an NFC version of this cap earlier this year on discount and it has the same logo treatment. 

AFC New Era 2018 Pro Bowl 9FIFTY Adjustable Hat – Red

It's actually not a bad look, and I could see this being the future of 59Fifty On Fields. But why in the world would you just make them all black or all white? What a terrible decision that is. 

I got the AFC 3930. Only hat more comfortable than that is the Broncos' Red pro bowl hats from this season. Also, Im a fan of the rubberized graphic. Its nice and easy to keep it BRIGHT white.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:43 AM, Gothamite said:

They are, and have been available for years.

Hell, my Red Sox World Series hat from last year is an all black “regular” NE cap, just with a gold champions patch on the side.

As others have mentioned, terrible idea. I actually own a NFL all white cap from 10-11 years ago. This all mono color aspect has existed for years. I don't think it's exactly getting more popular or less popular. They've definitely thrown us a curve ball

The white jerseys and caps definitely have a coloring book or Color by numbers aspect that has a bit potential for customization. Imagine each player getting to use fabric pens to color in their teams wordmark in any way they want? 

As it stands, I sense we'll see some teams with players using all colors of the rainbow. We see it with accessories in all other sports. ie players wearing green shoes on the Lakers. 

If they really wanted this to work without fabric dye, each team could've offered players 4-5 options with different wordmarks/colors, and still kept the jerseys all black vs all white. They would've been truly unique game changing stuff.

If the wordmarks are already illegible, why not go with different visible wordmarks for the same team. The differentiating factor will be vastly different jersey colors.  I'm thinking home or away wordmarks, with 1-2 different subtle color options. That would make for a fun weekend. 

What we have now is just sad and colorless

Wow, the little league jerseys wouldn’t be bad for one weekend. Have “the burgh” for your away wordmark and “buccos” for your home nickname. I better shut up now so mlb doesn’t think they need city, pride, the show, etc editions of uniforms...but I’ve been saying the pirate needs a yellow bandanna for years. 

5 hours ago, hormone said:

Wow, the little league jerseys wouldn’t be bad for one weekend. Have “the burgh” for your away wordmark and “buccos” for your home nickname. I better shut up now so mlb doesn’t think they need city, pride, the show, etc editions of uniforms...but I’ve been saying the pirate needs a yellow bandanna for years. 

I don't hate the idea of the nickname jerseys for a weekend. I've wanted the "Natural Rivals" to wear different jerseys on the road for a few years now - just seems weird to wear the name of the city you're playing in even as the road team - some thing like the Yankees wearing "The Bronx" and the Mets "Queens", North Side vs. South Side, LA vs. Anaheim, etc.