Black and White Uniforms Across MLB For Players’ Weekend 2019

tigerraven

5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I picked up an NFC version of this cap earlier this year on discount and it has the same logo treatment. 

AFC New Era 2018 Pro Bowl 9FIFTY Adjustable Hat – Red

It's actually not a bad look, and I could see this being the future of 59Fifty On Fields. But why in the world would you just make them all black or all white? What a terrible decision that is. 

I got the AFC 3930. Only hat more comfortable than that is the Broncos' Red pro bowl hats from this season. Also, Im a fan of the rubberized graphic. Its nice and easy to keep it BRIGHT white.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As others have mentioned, terrible idea. I actually own a NFL all white cap from 10-11 years ago. This all mono color aspect has existed for years. I don't think it's exactly getting more popular or less popular. They've definitely thrown us a curve ball

The white jerseys and caps definitely have a coloring book or Color by numbers aspect that has a bit potential for customization. Imagine each player getting to use fabric pens to color in their teams wordmark in any way they want? 

As it stands, I sense we'll see some teams with players using all colors of the rainbow. We see it with accessories in all other sports. ie players wearing green shoes on the Lakers. 

If they really wanted this to work without fabric dye, each team could've offered players 4-5 options with different wordmarks/colors, and still kept the jerseys all black vs all white. They would've been truly unique game changing stuff.

If the wordmarks are already illegible, why not go with different visible wordmarks for the same team. The differentiating factor will be vastly different jersey colors.  I'm thinking home or away wordmarks, with 1-2 different subtle color options. That would make for a fun weekend. 

What we have now is just sad and colorless

Wow, the little league jerseys wouldn’t be bad for one weekend. Have “the burgh” for your away wordmark and “buccos” for your home nickname. I better shut up now so mlb doesn’t think they need city, pride, the show, etc editions of uniforms...but I’ve been saying the pirate needs a yellow bandanna for years. 

KISSwall09.jpg

5 hours ago, hormone said:

Wow, the little league jerseys wouldn’t be bad for one weekend. Have “the burgh” for your away wordmark and “buccos” for your home nickname. I better shut up now so mlb doesn’t think they need city, pride, the show, etc editions of uniforms...but I’ve been saying the pirate needs a yellow bandanna for years. 

I don't hate the idea of the nickname jerseys for a weekend. I've wanted the "Natural Rivals" to wear different jerseys on the road for a few years now - just seems weird to wear the name of the city you're playing in even as the road team - some thing like the Yankees wearing "The Bronx" and the Mets "Queens", North Side vs. South Side, LA vs. Anaheim, etc.

Anubis.png

• 2 weeks later...

Today starts this monstrosity with the Cubs and Nationals.  At the very least the Cubs are wearing their regular caps instead of the all white ice cream man look.  I hope other teams wearing white choose to do the same (I'm looking at you Dodgers in particular.)  However, they are wearing white batting helmets and the Nationals are wearing black helmets.

Is it Monday yet?

Archived