Logistically Improbable NFL Expansion (Austin, Texas)

Jeffery

I thought I'd share a few NFL Expansion team concepts I've completed to practice design. First up, the Mexico City Lobos:

fiYCxf1.jpgogcTyCg.png7fzRxER.jpgSODOCBs.jpg8HxrxmE.png

Featuring a unique Turquoise, Maroon, and Rust color scheme, and a name that will prove popular in both English and Spanish, the lobos will bring some South of the border flair to the NFC South. C+C Appreciated.

I think you've got a good starting point, but there are some things I'd change and touch up.

Change: The rust and maroon should never touch. They're too similar, it muddies up your stripe, and the turquoise pops so much that the maroon might as well not be there.

Touch up: The stripes all have the points of the inside extending beyond the base of the triangles. Although not too noticeable on the colored applications, it's noticeable on the the white jersey's sleeve stripe. Making those points even with the base of the triangles will clean up the look so it's an even stripe.

Compliments: I like the larger logo on the helmet. With the bright turquoise, it stands out in a good way.

Personal preferences: I don't like the number font, but again, that's just me.

12 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

The rust and maroon should never touch. They're too similar, it muddies up your stripe, and the turquoise pops so much that the maroon might as well not be there.

Good point! Here's a possible solution. For the rust elements, an inline stripe that echoes the number font.

HzPky9B.pngmToWhpo.png

18 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Change: The rust and maroon should never touch. They're too similar, it muddies up your stripe, and the turquoise pops so much that the maroon might as well not be there.

I disagree. One of the most dynamic parts of the original concept was the pant and helmet stripe. Trading that in for a normal stripe robs the concept of not only its visual continuity across uniform parts, but also its fun aesthetic. I think there's enough difference in color between the rust and maroon. Just keep the triangle stripes -- that's by far the most unique and engaging part of the uniform. 

I like the concept overall, especially the unique color scheme, though I'd want to take both the copper and the maroon a little darker. That said, that wolf logo is really bothering me because it looks like it has a goiter.

rATMcmK.png

13 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Why do you call this "logistically improbable?"

I have 8 expansion teams which would probably be too many for the NFL. That said, I'll only be able to get 1 or 2 more completed before the school year begins and ill have to set this aside for a while.

Next up, the Salt Lake City Stingers (NFC West):

s7RRRSl.jpgHtQn8u2.pngYb4qHwL.pngwYH3Nnv.pngpkcSg3k.png5RzB80g.png

The beehive is Utah's state emblem, so I went with a hive logo rather than a more MiLBish Bee. 

Note: In the NFL, yellow jerseys can be used for both home and away purposes. The Stingers would stick to the yellow jersey whenever possible, and only go with the white or gray option when up against a yellow or orange-shirted team.

Archived