Custom NFL Scorebugs (FOX Update)

NeauXone

A couple days ago I started working on a custom sports bug for CBS, and it turns out I really like doing this, so I'll be dropping pictures of the bugs below.

spacer.png

CBS Scorebug

spacer.png

Challenge Animation

spacer.png

Flag Animation

CBSTouchdown.png

Touchdown Animation

Feedback is appreciated.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

I always preferred the scorebugs that used logos over the team name. It's pretty to look at, which is important. Kudos for using the NFL on CBS logo too.  If I had one thing to suggest, it's that the timeouts don't stick out on the Minnesota half, and I imagine they'd be harder to see on other teams that use yellow/gold as a secondary color (Chargers, Steelers).

Nice work. The colored scores looked a little off to me when I first glanced at each graphic, but the more I look at them, I actually really like that change. Personally, I would prefer if each team's abbreviation were white, just for a bit more uniformity. The bright yellow "MIN" sticks out too much when the rest of the text that appears on a colored background is white. 

I got another one, this time for the NFL on FOX.

o3Ze__SC_400x400.jpeg

This time I based the scorebug off the shape of the FOX NFL logo.

Fox.png

It's similar to the 2014-2016 iteration except longer, features team logos, and of course is a different shape.
Fox4th.png

D&D text color changes on 4th down to red. Also note the arrow at the bottom, which is a possession/flag/challenge indicator. Currently purple for the Vikings.
Fox-Challenge.png

Arrow at the bottom turns red and infobox indicates that Detroit is the team calling the challenge.
FoxFlag.png

Indicator arrow is solid yellow before announcing the flag.
FoxFlag3.png

When the penalty is announced, half of the arrow changes to the color of the offending team, and penalty details are listed in the infobox.
Fox-Touchdown.png

Touchdown animation. I noticed that for teams with a gold/yellow secondary color, it would be hard to distinguish a touchdown from a flag. So I made the flag indicator yellow brighter to differentiate it from the other team colors.

Feedback appreciated as usual.

28 minutes ago, slapshot said:

I like the CBS versions, but the timeouts are hard to pick out. I would like to see something indicating which team has possession, and the down/yds to go.

The Down/Distance infobox is supposed to indicate which team has possession, just like CBS's current score banner.

I mean, how would the scorebug look in motion with the touchdown?spacer.pnglike this? At the bottom 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

3 hours ago, Blindsay said:

I mean, how would the scorebug look in motion with the touchdown?spacer.pnglike this? At the bottom 

If I had a way to animate it, I would. But I don't know how to animate either.

The FOX score bugs look great but I dont think you'd be able to make out the text on challenges and penalties. I feel like having the Lions blue turn to red or yellow on a challenge or penalty then have the text just say Challenge or Penalty so you could make it out better on a TV.

On 8/7/2019 at 5:49 PM, the heat suck said:

A couple days ago I started working on a custom sports bug for CBS, and it turns out I really like doing this, so I'll be dropping pictures of the bugs below.

spacer.png

CBS Scorebug

spacer.png

Challenge Animation

spacer.png

Flag Animation

CBSTouchdown.png

Touchdown Animation

Feedback is appreciated.

These are cool! Nice job.

For consideration:

With the exception of some gradients, overall you have a relatively flat design. Have you considered maybe trying the NFL on CBS logo and container flat as well?
Or to play up the 3D aspect, maybe try increasing the visibility of the gradients. Like, make them obvious.

Have you considered reworking the NFL on CBS logo to be horizontal so you have the scorebug as a compact horizontal shape?

Lastly, would you consider a font that is a little more compact and a little less bold?

spacer.png

Your Fox versions are a great idea. As someone mentioned above, it just might be tough to read the text, as this would prob be a bug in the bottom right of the screen for example. Maybe try to overlay it on a still of game footage to see how it reads.

spacer.png

On 8/7/2019 at 3:01 PM, ~Bear said:

I always preferred the scorebugs that used logos over the team name. It's pretty to look at, which is important. Kudos for using the NFL on CBS logo too.  If I had one thing to suggest, it's that the timeouts don't stick out on the Minnesota half, and I imagine they'd be harder to see on other teams that use yellow/gold as a secondary color (Chargers, Steelers).

I'm the opposite . I like the text. With a logo you usually get half of it at most. 

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• 2 months later...

That took a long time to update. But whatever, it's done.

spacer.png

The changes:

-New font

-Glow effect on the indicator

-Team logos now prominently featured

spacer.pngspacer.png

This one hurt to make.

spacer.png

Will post a couple Touchdown animations soon.

Archived