Soccer in a football world: The American Soccer League (Defunct as of 1/06/21)

Xibalba

Last team for the ASL East.  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you want to include in the ASL East?

• Atlanta Phoenix
    • Charlotte Royals
    • Panamerica S.C (Miami)
    • Jacksonville Pirates

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/14/2020 at 10:00 PM

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Well, it's been a while again, I've been kinda busy IRL and didn't find time or motivation to proceed with this project. But recently I've found myself going back to this and rethinking some concepts I've made. 

To start things off here is a more modern rendition of the ASL Logo. It retains the A and the soccer ball that where present in the original logo, but overall feels a lot more contemporary.

spacer.png

I also decided on the final colors and typography of the Santos Logo, at first I was considering using this particular concept for a team based in LA but I decided against that because most of this badge was specifically made to represent San Diego.

spacer.png

This is more a drastic redesign for the Saint Louis Raiders. I've found that I was using a lot of roundels in the original project so I wanted to shake things up. 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some reworked logo's yet again. 

In my opinion my two last entries where a bit rough, so I definitively wanted to rework those. I'm still stuck on a rework of my Washington Senators logo but found the time to redo the Tampa Bay Pelicans. The new design sports a brand new pelican and a monogram, I used the original roundel but used some elements to break up the design somewhat. In my opinion this looks a bit cleaner then it's previous version.  

spacer.png

I really like the design for the Corinthians, but I thought it was to similar to the one used by Detroit City F.C, So I switched it up a bit and also used a roundel in the overall design. Letting The Spirit of Detroit break up the design somewhat. It also has a new art decoish font and it also still uses the stylized fleur de lys from the previous design. 

spacer.png  

Some other logo's up for a rework are: Washington Senators, Chicago Union, Brookhattan. And the NY Americans may return to the league after all. 

• 5 months later...

Here are some more reworks, this time for the Union and the NY Americans. I also experimented with a new style to present the logo's as well as incorporating a secondary logo. I'm seriously contemplating returning to the project, but maybe keeping it a bit less ambitious so I can finally finish a concept for once.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the updated logo for the Brooklyn Giants, It isn't anything too drastic since I want to retain was much as possible from the originals. 

I want to revisit this league in the near future however, but for now I feel like some more crests are in need of some maintenance.  I also want to include kits, but I don't think I will keep working with the same "photo realistic" templates since they are kinda time consuming and my  knowledge of Photoshop is basic at best.  A versatile vector template would possibly be the best option if there are any.  

spacer.png

Here is the last of the original club's reworked logo's. Maybe there will be a rework of the Boston Celtics and Baltimore Canton in the future.  This thread however is now officially defunct, as I will start a new thread featuring reworked teams and information in the near future. 

spacer.png

• Xibalba changed the title to Soccer in a football world: The American Soccer League (Defunct as of 1/06/21)

Archived