Xibalba

Soccer in a football world: The American Soccer League (22/10 Milwaukee Eagles Added)

3 hours ago, NicDB said:

@Xibalba I hope you don't mind, but I couldn't resist experimenting with your Santos badge.

SDFC-Santos.png

I think you might be best off putting a SD monogram in the "bell tower," then moving the sash up and letting the stripes run longer. 

Think this is the right direction but it feels off when looking at the sash and the bottom of the D. Maybe play around with the monogram to see if it and the sash being parallel would look better

I redid the Santos logo a little bit. The shape is now less awkward and maybe a bit more reminiscent of more conventional crest design but it retains it's distinctive top shape. 

The banner is now a bit arched, but I decided against using an angle. Added a small monogram to the crest. I only thing I need to figure out is the lettering as most of the things I tried look out of place.  

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Xibalba said:

I redid the Santos logo a little bit. The shape is now less awkward and maybe a bit more reminiscent of more conventional crest design but it retains it's distinctive top shape. 

The banner is now a bit arched, but I decided against using an angle. Added a small monogram to the crest. I only thing I need to figure out is the lettering as most of the things I tried look out of place.  

spacer.png

Mind sending that to the Padres Because this is amazing

The halo feels a tad thick compared to the shield, but other than that I think that would be a classic look that inspires some nice kits.

Would use only the monogram with the halo above it for the clash kit.

Much better than before - and it will probably be even better with the right text.

Agree with TheHealthiestScratch about the monogram+halo for the clash kit.

Put your Santos mark on the right shield and you'll be pretty good to go!

Authors note: Along with this post, I also updated the club index and map that's on the first post of this thread. I've also written the backstory for Baltimore Canton, and the kits for Kearny. There are three clubs left; 1 from Canada, 1 from Ohio and 1 from New Jersey and then we'll be moving on to the expansion of the 1960's which will feature clubs from all over the United States.

Milwaukee Eagles S.C

About the Club

The roots of the club go back as far as 1929, when a group of German immigrants founded FC Bayern Milwaukee. The club played it's first match later that year against a team from nearby Sheboygan. The Bavarians continued to play in local leagues throughout the 30's and 40's and even became a dominant club in Wisconsin Soccer. 1956, represented a big turning point however, around this time the ASL Midwestern division became more or less stable and it was looking to bolster it's numbers. Milwaukee was a prime candidate and the league looked at more established clubs to join, in order to avoid the chaos of it's early days. They contacted the board of the club, most of whom where keen on joining the league. But not everyone was on board with the planned move. As some felt that the club could be out of their depth in the (Semi) Proffesional League. This led to a split in the club. One part continued play on the amateur level as Milwaukee Bavarians S.C, while the other half joined the ASL as the Milwaukee Eagles S.C. 

spacer.png

spacer.png 

Not quite what I was expecting for the home kit, but I like it. Glad to see a cream alt kit too.

Beautiful! Curious to know where the Canadian team will be based - Montreal or Toronto?

Btw. I love the smaller, simple logos you put next to the bar with team names.