NHL Prediction Thread (Florida third)

OhioSportsMan61

Edit......decided to continue this thread as a space for predictions for the upcoming NHL season (and beyond) to not clutter up the forum with another new topic

With a few different alternate jerseys being leaked over the weekend, maybe we'll get a glimpse of what the Winter Classic jerseys will look like sooner rather than later. Thought I'd take a stab at predicting what we'll see on New Years Day...

OflrwRd.png

QYoer4y.pngES4dgdI.png

Dallas' is based off of a few of the Texans' variations in uniform style, and Nashville's is a fauxback paying homage to the Flying Dixies of the EHL. C&C appreciated, enjoy! 

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Yes.  Both of your designs are very logical and practical choices, clean and well done. Only potential changes I could see is getting some white in the Preds uniform, even if it’s as little as making the script logo white. 

The more I look at Dallas the more I love it. Great shade of green, classic elements with simple, barely mismatched striping, pants stripes. If I were to make a fantasy league, which I’ve wanted to for some time, that’s a great starting point for a team. Also kind of reminds me of my high schools old sets so there’s that too. 

The Dallas concept is super crisp. I would love to see these hit the ice. 

Nashville is clean as well and it's a nice looking sweater but it almost seems too conservative. Honestly, I think using the Tennessee flag inspired 3-star roundel as the main crest would look nice (keeping the stripe, of course).

I would be thrilled if the Preds went this way! I agree that it could use a little white. Maybe the script, the letter on the Captain's patch, and the stars, on the shoulder logo? Fantastic work!

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Totally forgot that Carolina is debuting their new road uni tomorrow, so here is my prediction based off of the teaser video they posted!

n9nWIZZ.png

BNTsn4v.png

Same gloves/pants/helmet treatment as before, now the collar treatment is consistent with the homes. Seems like they're looking to simplify the home.

2LYbxnm.png

I'd buy those Sabres jerseys and wear them every day if I could...and I'm not a Sabres fan. Just great looks/great updates here.  Maybe add that fauxback "Buffalo" wordmark as the hanger effect. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Let's move on to the Heritage Class...

From Icethetics: 

Heritage Classic in Saskatchewan

EXPECTED The Jets will face the Calgary Flames at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan on Oct. 26. A blue version of their Heritage jersey is reportedly in the works for this game. SOURCE

EXPECTED Calgary will face Winnipeg at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, Sask. on Oct. 26. Teams generally wear throwbacks for this event. A white one is in the works.

https://www.icethetics.com/jerseywatch

My prediction:

k53GJZn.png

ATM90DA.pngvjfkly9.png

2LYbxnm.png

Let's move on to Vegas...

From Icethetics:

Gold third jersey headed to Vegas?

CONFIRMED The Golden Knights are not the kind of team to waste time. They went to the Stanley Cup Final in their first season and, in their third, they’ll add a third jersey!

DETAILS In an interview with The Sin Bin, team owner Bill Foley was asked about the progress of the third jersey. He said: “We’re trying to get the color right. A particular color … I’m not going to confirm ‘gold,’ but a particular color that is bright, that people can wear to a game and they’ll stand out. Right now, the steel grey, and it’s a beautiful jersey, but it doesn’t stand out. The white stands out and this new jersey will stand out.” SOURCE

https://www.icethetics.com/jerseywatch

My prediction:

nlbG2tf.png

drc9RBL.png

2LYbxnm.png

On to Ottawa...

From Icethetics:

New third jersey in the pipeline

EXPECTED Because the Adidas catalog lists the Senators with other teams getting new thirds in 2019-20, I don’t think we’ll see the red NHL100 Classic jersey again. It’s more likely they get something new.

More like something borrowed. I can't see Ottawa unveiling a completely new design considering they are planning to overhaul their identity within the next two years. I'm betting that they just bring back their previous heritage jersey and adapt it to the Adizero template.

qi8Ecvr.png

zbigm4t.png

2LYbxnm.png

There is the possibility they come out with an alternate that is a test run for the next set. They did it with the pre-edge swooshy red alternate that became the home. 

This still looks good. They should move to pure white like they have in the AHL team. 

On to Florida...

From Icethetics:

New alternate arriving soon

EXPECTED Three years since their rebrand, the Panthers will be adding a new third jersey! The most obvious choice, in my mind, would be a navy blue design with the modernized leaping cat front and center. But I wonder if the Cats will surprise us.

It makes too much sense for Florida to finally embrace their underutilized updated leaping cat logo. It's a great mark. With the addition of the stick/palm tree/sun logo to the helmets this season, I'm thinking that they are going to modernize their old navy thirds.

lIoD7MH.png

iHAv69y.png

2LYbxnm.png

Archived