SportsLogos.Net News

Buffalo Sabres Alt/ 2020 Royal Blue Discussion

Buffalo Sabres Unveil Golden Jersey, Announce Return of Old Colours

August 16, 2019 - 14:21 PM

The Buffalo Sabres have been busy, announcing the team will be returning to their original royal blue and gold colour scheme in the 2020-21 season as well as a special-edition 50th anniversary uniform for this upcoming 2019-20 season. Starting with […]

Read More...

I don't hate it.  So glad they went with navy breezers instead of the white that was originally speculated. 

25 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

guys what do we complain about now

uh..... maybe our demand for lady liberty logo back onto the rangers jerseys?

30 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

guys what do we complain about now

Ottawa

The striping is essentially KC Scouts striping...but it's a good looking jersey. The added detail to the buffalo is a cool touch.

It’s a nice Notre Dame jersey that’s for sure! I enjoy the detail on the Buffalo, it makes the logo really pop. Also, no problems with the gloves, I think they will work fine for a special edition jersey.

36 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The striping is essentially KC Scouts striping...but it's a good looking jersey. The added detail to the buffalo is a cool touch.

It’s not seen very often these days, but that was a fairly common stripe style back then.

The thinking behind it here is that it’s an extension of the stripes from the 40th jersey (the four gold stripes representing four decades), with the blue stripe added to not only represent the fifth decade, but also to call back to the Sabres’ traditional gold/blue/gold stripes from their classic white jerseys.

Essentially A plus B (but with the sleeves matching the hem):

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's a beautiful jersey, perfect use of the glittery gold. It would look even better if they removed the ugly motion lines from around the buffalo. They're poorly-rendered and absolutely pointless in what is otherwise a pretty graceful logo.

I am glad that some teams who ditched royal for navy are making their way back.  I just hope their don't pull "double reverse" like the Edmonton Oilers.

I like it. The crest looks phenomenal.

9 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I think it looks great

Sabres-jersey-1-590x620.jpg

It does. I'm thinking the new uniforms could just simply be this with navy/gold replaced swapped for traditional royal blue/yellow.

When this jersey was leaked month ago, I hated it. Now they officially unveiled it, I found out that jersey is actually beautiful. Love the detailed buffalo and glittery gold really suits with navy.

I hope they keep the detailed buffalo when they brought the royal blue back.

There has NEVER been a white Sabres jersey without a shoulder yoke in (duh) fifty years, so it looks very empty without one. Other than that, it's fine and yay gold for 50 blah blah blah. Let's hear more about this total royal blue!

10 hours ago, henburg said:

That's a beautiful jersey, perfect use of the glittery gold. It would look even better if they removed the ugly motion lines from around the buffalo. They're poorly-rendered and absolutely pointless in what is otherwise a pretty graceful logo.

I think it's just detailed fur,  not motion lines. 

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

There has NEVER been a white Sabres jersey without a shoulder yoke in (duh) fifty years, so it looks very empty without one. Other than that, it's fine and yay gold for 50 blah blah blah. Let's hear more about this total royal blue!

I don’t blame you, but you must have erased 2006-2010 from your memory. 🙂

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I don’t blame you, but you must have erased 2006-2010 from your memory. 🙂

eGy4X0p.jpg

(That's what I get for not double checking sportslogos.net before making a uniform declaration.)