MLS 2022

soflo_sports

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the first "new" team added to the league. I figured with the addition of St. Louis, and potential addition of Sacramento, the MLS would want to round out their league to an even 30. This may be slightly biased as I have a soft spot for the Triangle area of North Carolina, but I decided to make North Carolina FC the 30th MLS team. I kept their USL identity because I think it captures the essence of the region and club pretty well already. I thought I'd give them a slight kit upgrade however. 

So here's North Carolina FC, with kits from Adidas.

x1pGj83.jpg

soflo copy.png

3 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

As a Charlotte Independence supporter, I'm saddened by this.  Otherwise it looks really good. I love the shade of gold.

Don't worry. Maybe in 2030, when the MLS expands to 40 teams and becomes the Heineken Super Soccer League, Charlotte will get a team.

soflo copy.png

11 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

You you went with NCFC? They are a good-looking team, although I’m rooting for Charlotte to get the spot myself.

I think Charlotte would be a good spot too, I just am slightly biased with the Raleigh-Durham area, and these small market teams seem to do pretty well.

soflo copy.png

13 hours ago, soflo_sports said:

I think Charlotte would be a good spot too, I just am slightly biased with the Raleigh-Durham area, and these small market teams seem to do pretty well.

I was figuring that Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham would have the same relationship Tampa and Orlando have. They’re close together, and when combined they would have teams from all five major leagues. TB has NHL, MLB, and NFL while Orlando has NBA and MLS, while Charlotte would have football, soccer and hoops, while Raleigh would have hockey, and eventually baseball.

4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I think you’d rather have the emphasis from the flag design on the crest rather than the manufacturer. But maybe that’s just me, love that green set for the Timbs

Yeah I thought of that too, but then I'd have to flip the design to get the whole thing on there

soflo copy.png

6 hours ago, soflo_sports said:

Portland Timbers with Adidas kits, and the return of the "Rose City"away strip.

God I hope they go back to the Rose City strips soon. It was a great clash color and every one they produced was unique with the application of thorns.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:43 PM, Bonnaroo42 said:

God I hope they go back to the Rose City strips soon. It was a great clash color and every one they produced was unique with the application of thorns.

Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn

Archived