Massachusetts Quidditch Conference logo (updated 8/24)

ItDoesntMatter

So a group of my teammates and I were approached to help redesign the logo for the Massachusetts Quidditch Conference, and my design was selected. I've got a bit more time while I'm on vacation and can't do much of anything, so I wanted to see what y'all had to say. Here's the logo sheet I sent them:

r2Z8p1Z.png

For reference, here's the current logo:

ZeeFrv4.jpg

Just a heads up - I won't be able to touch anything until Saturday probably, but I'll absolutely be incorporating your C&C when I can. Leave a comment below!

I think it’s a tad too blocky and clunky, the shades of red and blue you chose also clash a bit on the word mark. I’d say the same for the state logo, I’d also adjust the line weights so the hoops and state outlines match. Finally I think the full name logo is impossible to read from afar, whether it be the font or the length of the words I think that’s something to work on especially since this will be represented on shirt tags and stuff, meaning it’ll be harder to read

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

A couple thoughts, to take or leave as you see fit:

- The font and MA outline are really jagged when juxtaposed with the goals. Maybe you could rounden the outline a tad?

- The goals are a bit small. You try could centering them and have them extend up out of MA.

That said, it looks solid already, and I could totally see that being used as-is!

Edit: I agree with @BellaSpurs about the line weight, and the busy full wordmark version. However, I think "MQC" works fine, and the blue and red look alright on my screen.

Thanks to both of you for your commentary! I should note (and probably should've noted at the beginning, but my phone was gonna die) that the full-name version of the logo is intended for much larger uses than that (think a Facebook or Twitter header); the acronym version will be used in most applications. I'll for sure look into lightening up the red, thickening up the hoops, and trying to round things off a bit; I think I'd prefer to have everything contained inside that shape, but I'll admit that's something I hadn't really thought of. I don't know that I want to make too drastic changes, though.

I'm back, and I took some of your suggestions into account. I brightened up the red, which should help with the bleeding, and I thickened up the hoops to make the line weights consistent throughout. I tried rounding the corners, but it looked too sloppy and unfinished for my liking, and I couldn't get anything to work with the hoops sticking out of the state, but overall, I think this looks better and I'm happier with this than I was before.

hw2JdmP.png

C&C still appreciated!

• ItDoesntMatter changed the title to Massachusetts Quidditch Conference logo (updated 8/24)

Archived