2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida looked horrible, the pass rush was the only thing that was good and what gave them the field position to win. The rest of the team sucked. Costly mistakes and turnovers that could have easily been avoided, and it looked like the forgot how to tackle most of the game. It was frustrating just seeing Miami players just bounce off the Florida defenders that didn’t even try to wrap up.

58 minutes ago, dont care said:

Florida looked horrible, the pass rush was the only thing that was good and what gave them the field position to win. The rest of the team sucked. Costly mistakes and turnovers that could have easily been avoided, and it looked like the forgot how to tackle most of the game. It was frustrating just seeing Miami players just bounce off the Florida defenders that didn’t even try to wrap up.

Over 100 yards in penalties for each side too. I don't think Georgia or Clemson were worried after that.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

34 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Over 100 yards in penalties for each side too. I don't think Georgia or Clemson were worried after that.

Wait until Clemson plays better competition. Their WK 1 game will probably be a cakewalk so they'll be able to refine things before they play good teams. 

13 minutes ago, walkerws said:

Wait until Clemson plays better competition. Their WK 1 game will probably be a cakewalk so they'll be able to refine things before they play good teams. 

The penalties and poor tackling yesterday tell me these guys were too busy trying to knock each other into onlivion instead of just trying to win a game. If either plays a team woth better players and discipline they'll be rolled. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, walkerws said:

Well the first few games looks like this: 

Week 1: vs Georgia tech

Week 2: vs Texas A&M

Week 3: @ Syracuse 

not till week 4 vs Charlotte do they play a cupcake, so even they won’t have time to tune tings up.

1 minute ago, lilben777 said:

Well the first few games looks like this: 

Week 1: vs Georgia tech

Week 2: vs Texas A&M

Week 3: @ Syracuse 

not till week 4 vs Charlotte do they play a cupcake, so even they won’t have time to tune tings up.

Tech has a new HC running a entirely new offense w/o the talent to run it.

Westgate SuperBook and MGM have them as a 36 point underdog.

Thursday, Tech IS a cupcake.

6 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Tech has a new HC running a entirely new offense w/o the talent to run it.

Westgate SuperBook and MGM have them as a 36 point underdog.

Thursday, Tech IS a cupcake.

Yeah, I'm imagining the drop off for Ga Tech is going to be a lot like when Malzahn left Auburn and they tried to immediately switch to a pro style offense and Chizik got fired. The main difference being that the Jackets weren't nearly as good as those previous Auburn teams.

9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I wish I hated Arizona, because I would love to delight in their hilarious failures. Unfortunately, I have very little opinion about them.

Don’t worry, I’ll hate Arizona for you 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Gary. said:

Don’t worry, I’ll hate Arizona for you 👍🏻

Bring it on! 😆

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

11 hours ago, dont care said:

They'll be fine.  This is how they looked through the Kentucky game last year, which was a wakeup call.  In fact, this game felt way too much like the Kentucky game.

Franks isn't a very good QB, though, but realistically, he shouldn't be any worse than he was last year.

I feel like if Florida would've gone up 14-3 instead of fumbling it in the redzone, they would have won that game handily.

IUe6Hvh.png

13 minutes ago, See Red said:

They'll be fine.  This is how they looked through the Kentucky game last year, which was a wakeup call.  In fact, this game felt way too much like the Kentucky game.

Franks isn't a very good QB, though, but realistically, he shouldn't be any worse than he was last year.

I feel like if Florida would've gone up 14-3 instead of fumbling it in the redzone, they would have won that game handily.

Sure, but Miami should've been up two scores in the 4th, but the kid took more 4th Q sacks than Jarrett Stitdham did for Auburn last year and Baxa, possibly concussed, missed a FG to build the lead to 23-17. 

And since Mullen is HC and Strickland is AD, two key kids will be kicked off the team by mid-October due to assaulting somebody. 

On 8/25/2019 at 8:00 PM, dfwabel said:

Sure, but Miami should've been up two scores in the 4th, but the kid took more 4th Q sacks than Jarrett Stitdham did for Auburn last year and Baxa, possibly concussed, missed a FG to build the lead to 23-17. 

And since Mullen is HC and Strickland is AD, two key kids will be kicked off the team by mid-October due to assaulting somebody. 

Hope this embeds.

If the turnover luck had leveled out, Florida wins by three scores.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 8/26/2019 at 1:14 AM, See Red said:

Hope this embeds.

If the turnover luck had leveled out, Florida wins by three scores.

Thanks for posting this, I'm so sick of telling internet strangers, friends, family and all of the self-anointed CFB experts this. Also, it was week 0 rivalry game against a solid team. These things will almost certainly work themselves out over the course of the season. If they don't then we can worry about the Gators.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

10 minutes ago, JTernup said:

Thanks for posting this, I'm so sick of telling internet strangers, friends, family and all of the self-anointed CFB experts this. Also, it was week 0 rivalry game against a solid team. These things will almost certainly work themselves out over the course of the season. If they don't then we can worry about the Gators.

Still had 2.3 yards per carry when removing the one sack for -9. 

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Still had 2.3 yards per carry when removing the one sack for -9. 

The running calls were really bland after the second fumble.  I don't know the reasoning behind the playcalling but they seemed to abandon the read plays. They also weren't as bubble screen heavy as usual.

I'm not going to try and tell you they looked good, just saying everything that went poorly for them was a problem last year too. Miami made Frank's beat them and he couldn't, but Miami is also better defensively that most teams are. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived