2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

22 hours ago, Buc said:

Ok, so...yeah, I know we lost, to the surprise of absolutely no one. HOWEVER, I still am pretty pleasantly surprised at the amount of fight my Noles put up on the road in a conference game. And at least Slim Jimmy didn't throw any picks, so that in itself is a plus.

Speaking of losses...as a Seminole fan by birth and blood I am scientifically and moralistically obligated and inclined* to despise all things gator-related, but daaanngg that was a tough loss for them--speaking of losing Feleipe Franks. You never wanna see that kinda thing happen, especially to a senior with eyes set on the next level. And now its reported he's done for the season. That's gotta suck. That said, if their backup continues to play like he did yesterday, I think they'll be just fine.

*That was sarcasm...kinda.

He's a redshirt Junior, for what it's worth, so he can still come back.  I don't think they'll be much worse without him, honestly.  He doesn't see the field very well, lacks pocket presence sometimes, and is prone to the occasional baffling decision.  The problem with Trask, who finished out the game for Florida, is tendency to throw the ball late which was evident on their first 2-point conversion attempt.  We'll see -- either way they looked like hot trash for the better part of that game.

Also, 🤬 Brian Griese.  Feleipe Franks is laying on the field with a season-ending injury and all Griese can talk about is his "off-the-field issues", which is basically just him having talked to the camera in week zero.  Brian Griese, who got a DUI as an NFL quarterback and was suspended at Michigan for throwing a chair through a bar window, is criticizing somebody who hasn't been in any legal trouble and whose teammates love him for "off-the-field issues".

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/15/2019 at 7:58 AM, Buc said:

Ok, so...yeah, I know we lost, to the surprise of absolutely no one. HOWEVER, I still am pretty pleasantly surprised at the amount of fight my Noles put up on the road in a conference game. And at least Slim Jimmy didn't throw any picks, so that in itself is a plus.

Hopefully your Noles don't end up having to put in Hornibrook for any reason bar garbage time.  Dude's erratic as hell.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

14 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Hopefully your Noles don't end up having to put in Hornibrook for any reason bar garbage time.  Dude's erratic as hell.

Like the rest of the team ain't right now... 😄  (Actually, the boys put up a pretty good fight against UVa...now we'll see how that translates this coming weekend back at the Doak.)

Y'know, I been tuning in to more of the weekly Seminoles pressers (thank you Verizon for partnering with BFE Wireless out in BFE America!)...I try to be optimistic about certain things, but then sometimes a spade is just a spade. I know different men lead different ways, and not everyone can be the man-of-few words stoic motivator that Tony Dungy was and still have success. (Tony's greatest asset was that he could speak to not just the player, but the man--and from his heart at that.) I've been trying to see some semblance of this from Taggart--but I ain't seeing it, and I'm starting to see why the team has the mentality that it does. If the man has issues finishing, let alone completing, sentences at the podium, it's no surprise then the team has issues finishing plays (or drives) on the field. There's a certain "it" that I just ain't seeing, and it's pretty alarming.

But whatevs...too many people are having way too much fun laughing and enjoying this period of struggle we dealing with here. 😎 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

Like the rest of the team ain't right now... 😄  (Actually, the boys put up a pretty good fight against UVa...now we'll see how that translates this coming weekend back at the Doak.)

Y'know, I been tuning in to more of the weekly Seminoles pressers (thank you Verizon for partnering with BFE Wireless out in BFE America!)...I try to be optimistic about certain things, but then sometimes a spade is just a spade. I know different men lead different ways, and not everyone can be the man-of-few words stoic motivator that Tony Dungy was and still have success. (Tony's greatest asset was that he could speak to not just the player, but the man--and from his heart at that.) I've been trying to see some semblance of this from Taggart--but I ain't seeing it, and I'm starting to see why the team has the mentality that it does. If the man has issues finishing, let alone completing, sentences at the podium, it's no surprise then the team has issues finishing plays (or drives) on the field. There's a certain "it" that I just ain't seeing, and it's pretty alarming.

But whatevs...too many people are having way too much fun laughing and enjoying this period of struggle we dealing with here. 😎 

Every week, Taggart has another staff excuse/scapegoat and now is entirely in "Cover Your Own A$$" mode.

After Week 1 loss: Blamed the Strength/Conditioning Coach over hydration.

After Week 2 win in OT: Brings in his former DC Jim Leavitt, to be an "analyst" or cut the legs off the current DC.

After Week 3 loss:“Well I didn't call the plays, Kendal [Briles] called the plays.

^ That, too. Speaks to a lack of accountability. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

3 hours ago, Buc said:

We had a basketball coach like that. People get annoyed with coachspeak, but I'm more annoyed when it swings too far in the opposite direction and it's just a coach throwing everybody else under the bus.

4 hours ago, Buc said:

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

We had a basketball coach like that. People get annoyed with coachspeak, but I'm more annoyed when it swings too far in the opposite direction and it's just a coach throwing everybody else under the bus.

By contrast, 24 hours earlier, here's Steve Addazio, also on the Hot Seat, following his 48-24 home loss to Kansas, while being a 21-point favorite.

“We didn’t stop anything, so, you know, we need to go back and take a look at where all these breakdowns are, personnel, scheme. You know, I mean, we sure practiced hard, I can promise you that. There’s no lack of effort, but I need to look at the tape.

That’s absolutely coachable. That’s my responsibility to make sure that we tackle better than that. I thought we tackled well in game one. I thought we had some mixed bag on game two, and I thought we missed a lot of tackles.”

47 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

By contrast, 24 hours earlier, here's Steve Addazio, also on the Hot Seat, following his 48-24 home loss to Kansas, while being a 21-point favorite.

Exactly what I'm talking about! Addazio gets it. Even when you get embarrassed, you don't publicly go out of your way to talk about how it's everybody else's fault.

In lighter news, Mike Leach made everybody love him again while talking about how nicknames would fare against each other in the Pac-12.

The media may be fawning over this, but I personally thought he came out looking like damn fool. A Sun Devil is a supernatural creature with the powers of the SUN! Have you ever stood outside a bit too long and then regretted that for a week or so because of the pain the Sun handed down to you? Yeah, that's the Sun just sitting there doing nothing. Take that power and give it to a malevolent creature of supernatural origins and it easily trounces Trojans, Utes, Huskies, and especially Wildcats. It's an obvious choice, and Leach is clearly shying away from the truth because of who signs his paychecks. Disgraceful.

This gets more comical by the day.

I'm not sure whether to LOLemoji or klingon_facepalm.gif at this point...

Is it wrong of me to look at Bucky's 21-0 lead...and still fear that UW will somehow find a way to lose...solely because it's :censored: ing Michigan?

I swear, it's generally the Michigan and Northwestern games where weird crap happens.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

9 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Is it wrong of me to look at Bucky's 21-0 lead...and still fear that UW will somehow find a way to lose...solely because it's :censored: ing Michigan?

I swear, it's generally the Michigan and Northwestern games where weird crap happens.

28-0. I think we'll see McCaffrey here in the 2nd half. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

50 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

No.  I usually a little extra insurance for Michigan.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

9 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

No.  I usually a little extra insurance for Michigan.

OK ...now we can relax

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived