2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not having an experienced quarterback has cost them both times. It should be interesting to see how they do if Milton comes back next year.

Not well, I imagine.  The defense has been a liability and having a guy coming back from Milton's injury playing behind that offensive line seems like a recipe for disaster.

They look like a team that recruits all the scraps that the power 5 programs leave in the state of Florida and now doesn't have the chip on their shoulder that's fueled them the last few years.  Plus, Heupel might not be a very good coach.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Maintaining success at a G5 school is probably the hardest thing to do in college football. So shout out to Boise State.

Boise is quietly taking care of business again. I like the chaos of a G5 team that could legitimately challenge for a playoff spot. I don't think there's going to be enough chaos in the top 15 to move them through.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

43 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Boise is quietly taking care of business again. I like the chaos of a G5 team that could legitimately challenge for a playoff spot. I don't think there's going to be enough chaos in the top 15 to move them through.

Not enough chaos and not enough really impressive wins vs. P5 schools to get any real playoff hype. The only way it happens is if it's after the fact like what happened with UCF a couple years ago. Such is life in the G5.

While they lost 42-0 @ Ohio State*, Cincinnati looks to be as Tim Kurkjian would say, "is really good".  There really isn't much of a American divisional opponent better than them and when on your 3rd QB and line injuries, you're likely to get beat.  Neutral field with Boise/Cincinnati, it's likely a Pick'em or slight Boise favorite. 

*-Buckeyes look elite. 

They aren’t :censored: anymore, but I grew up thinking Georgia somehow wasn’t allowed to beat Tennessee, so this little run of decimating them has been a delight.

Florida was impressive. Honestly thought they were a fraud before today. I’m hoping we get a legitimate top-10 matchup between the two. Seems like in each of the previous instances, one of the teams has been vastly overrated.

PJU85JF.png

37 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

They aren’t :censored: anymore, but I grew up thinking Georgia somehow wasn’t allowed to beat Tennessee, so this little run of decimating them has been a delight.

Florida was impressive. Honestly thought they were a fraud before today. I’m hoping we get a legitimate top-10 matchup between the two. Seems like in each of the previous instances, one of the teams has been vastly overrated.

Were they?  Joe B is a real test.

I see chickens....for the Gators. 

Papi....

46 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Were they?  Joe B is a real test.

People said this about LSU last year too.  "You know, Joe Burrow hasn't thrown an interception!"

Has LSU played a decent defense yet?  Certainly nothing like Florida's got.

IUe6Hvh.png

That game was crazy.  On a note that's related to that game, there are so many games on every week that they're really scraping the bottom of the barrell for announcers and it's resulting in some pretty terrible commentary for some of these games.  Gary Danielson comparing Bo Nix to Tim Tebow had to be the highlight of the day as far as terrible commentary is concerned.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, See Red said:

That game was crazy.  On a note that's related to that game, there are so many games on every week that they're really scraping the bottom of the barrell for announcers and it's resulting in some pretty terrible commentary for some of these games.  Gary Danielson comparing Bo Nix to Tim Tebow had to be the highlight of the day as far as terrible commentary is concerned.

You should try watching ESPN+ games. I still remember hearing one last year where the announcer said, "some of these RPO's actually don't have a run option, they're pass all the way." That would mean it isn't a Run Pass Option, you doofus!

21 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

You should try watching ESPN+ games. I still remember hearing one last year where the announcer said, "some of these RPO's actually don't have a run option, they're pass all the way." That would mean it isn't a Run Pass Option, you doofus!

The inability of announcers to understand the RPO has been frustrating, especially when they just call every playaction an RPO, but that may be the most egregious one I've heard about.

Oh, another note: Gameday is heading to Baton Rouge, which will be the third Gameday game for Florida, with the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party possibly being the fourth, especially if Florida beats LSU. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived