2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

7 hours ago, See Red said:

The inability of announcers to understand the RPO has been frustrating, especially when they just call every playaction an RPO, but that may be the most egregious one I've heard about.

Oh, another note: Gameday is heading to Baton Rouge, which will be the third Gameday game for Florida, with the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party possibly being the fourth, especially if Florida beats LSU. 

And 2020 will start in Dublin, Ireland for Notre Dame vs Navy

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, See Red said:

The inability of announcers to understand the RPO has been frustrating, especially when they just call every playaction an RPO, but that may be the most egregious one I've heard about.

All plays in which the running back comes within five yards of the QB is an RPO. Even when the QB does that half-hearted fake handoff that everybody does out of shotgun now.

17 hours ago, See Red said:

That game was crazy.  On a note that's related to that game, there are so many games on every week that they're really scraping the bottom of the barrell for announcers and it's resulting in some pretty terrible commentary for some of these games.  Gary Danielson comparing Bo Nix to Tim Tebow had to be the highlight of the day as far as terrible commentary is concerned.

Sorry to quote this same post again, but this clip going around seems appropriate. It's like a text-to-speech announcer.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Sorry to quote this same post again, but this clip going around seems appropriate. It's like a text-to-speech announcer.

That guy's the anti-Gus Johnson.  Where Gus Johnson makes a three yard run sound like the biggest play in the history of football, this guy treats a game winning hail mary like a QB kneel.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 10/4/2019 at 12:32 PM, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27767474/school-booted-d-iii-success-gets-fcs-invite

This would be interesting. I wonder if the Golden Gophers would be willing to make them their first game of the year a few years in a row if the waiver is granted. I also hop St. Thomas spanks their soon to be former conference mates as badly as they did last week. 

I wonder how that got justified.  It's not like St. Thomas has been doing this to anywhere near as long as Mount Union.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

I wonder how that got justified.  It's not like St. Thomas has been doing this to anywhere near as long as Mount Union.

I think the biggest issue is how far away they are from Div-II & III competition outside of their league? The fact they have a footbball budget that's at least $3 million dollars behind South Dakota State is a big issue they'd have to answer.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — The Purdue University Board of Trustees on Thursday (Oct. 10) approved the adoption of a sports wagering policy.

The policy bans faculty, staff and non-athlete students across the university system from gambling on sporting events involving any Purdue teams, coaches or student-athletes. The policy was developed at the urging of some faculty members, as well as the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, after sports betting became legal in Indiana earlier this year. The policy applies to wagers placed worldwide and online.

Faculty and staff violators of the rule would face discipline up to and including termination. Sanctioning guidelines will be developed by the vice provost for faculty affairs and vice president for human resources in concert with the Executive Policy Review Group.

The vice provost for student life  and the dean of students will work with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities and the EPRG to develop sanctioning guidelines for non-athlete students who are found to be in violation of this policy.

NCAA rules already prohibit wagering by certain officials of a university, student-athletes and coaches, among others.

The policy will become effective when officially published in accordance with EPRG procedures

Source

8PeMV3z.gif

49 minutes ago, dont care said:

Only Non-athlete students, so does that mean student athletes could, and then just throw games all the time.

NO

NCAA already has a gambling policy and Rick Neuheusel got in trouble for winning a basketball bracket pool for money so folks know about that.

Too lazy to cut and paste from the bylaws within a PDF, buy look at this:

http://newsletters.athletics.unc.edu/DeptNewsletter_Feb2010.pdf

Nice of Georgia to keep throwing at a 6'4" corner who has the ball skills of Al Toon, Sr. and already has a pick-6.

Kirby has decided himself to let Will Muschamp keep his job.

EDIT: And of course, on a 4th Down, Gamecocks get a holding call for a 1st and UGa scores on the next play and ties the game with 1:48 left because that's what a Will Muschamp team does

Live footage of Florida State vs Clemson currently in progress:

egWFbd.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh I love it.  Georgia's looked unimpressive all season and everybody's been willing to ignore it and still put them right at the top with the contenders.

Good thing Kirby can recruit because he got outcoached by Will freakin' Muschamp.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wish I could have seen my team, the Sun Devils of Arizona State pull off the win, but the Pac-12 Network struck again. Instead I'm watching UNLV beat down Vandy, which is pretty embarrassing, even by Vandy standards.

Live look inside the Florida State locker room...

ImpracticalPitifulGrayfox-size_restricte

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived