2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

The whole ACC is a mess outside of Clemson. The conference is basically no better than the AAC per SP+, and Clemson's A&M win doesn't look all that great anymore. They'll get in the playoffs but Clemson won't deserve to any more than UCF has the last two years. 

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

It was pretty great, not gonna lie. 

The "Herm Experiment" must beat USC this season to be a success.  The Trojans look to be 3-3 after tonight, but their one Pac-12 loss is against the North.  Devils have to gain an edge before USC makes a coaching change. 

5 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Minnesota may become the worst 8-0 team ever. 

Their next two games...

@Rutgers

Maryland

And PJ Fleck may flip his gimmick into a better Power 5 job.

Rutgers QB today was 5/13 for 1 yard..........against Indiana.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Washington is trying to ruin what should be the closest thing to a perfect week possible. Arkansas and Memphis lost, my new other favorite Arizona State won, the FCS school I'm attending and pretending to care about won, and I didn't have to watch Arkansas State give up 800 yards again. But nooo, apparently we're just going to let Arizona win a game.

EDIT: Washington is suddenly up 21 on Arizona. A basically PERFECT week. Also got to see Georgia go full Georgia against South Carolina which was neat.

New AP Top Ten is...

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3. Clemson

4. Ohio State

5. Oklahoma

6. Wisconsin

7. Penn State

8. Notre Dame

9. Florida

10. Georgia

I think Georgia should've fallen to 13, behind Auburn, Oregon, and Utah.  They not only loss a game in which they were 24.5 point favorites, they got bailed out on a blown call and missed FGs and still lost.  I'd say Florida should be above Notre Dame since Notre Dame's resume consists of a "good loss" to a Georgia team that may not actually be all that good and not a whole lot else, but it doesn't matter much.

IUe6Hvh.png

4 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Georgia sticking around in the top ten despite that bad of a loss? Congratulations to them for being on par with Texas or Michigan in the realm of name brands that voters really want to be good. 

Everybody's already decided Georgia is great because they played Alabama tough twice and buy better recruits than everybody else.  So everyone will conveniently ignore that Kirby Smart doesn't appear to be a very good coach -- which, I'll admit, is masked by all of the five-stars --  and that, even before this week, they didn't look all that impressive.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 10/12/2019 at 10:17 PM, ninersdd said:

Rutgers QB today was 5/13 for 1 yard..........against Indiana.

There were at least 11 bets on Indiana of $50K or more last Saturday.

Rutgers has scored 10 or less in seven consecutive B1G games. Last time that occurred was in 1962.

Look for big bets on both the Gophers (-29 now) and the under (48).

And Rutgers ends the season against Ohio State and Penn State.

20 hours ago, dfwabel said:

There were at least 11 bets on Indiana of $50K or more last Saturday.

Rutgers has scored 10 or less in seven consecutive B1G games. Last time that occurred was in 1962.

Look for big bets on both the Gophers (-29 now) and the under (48).

And Rutgers ends the season against Ohio State and Penn State.

I don't know about the under.  Minnesota's offense has been clicking the last few weeks.  I could see them scoring 48 by themselves.

Rutgers is the worst team in the Big Ten (Power 5?).  And it isn't particularly close.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

44 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I don't know about the under.  Minnesota's offense has been clicking the last few weeks.  I could see them scoring 48 by themselves.

Rutgers is the worst team in the Big Ten (Power 5?).  And it isn't particularly close.

Four of Rutgers' six games have been Unders, including two of their shutout losses. Michigan won 52-0 and the O/U was 50.  Maryland beat them 48-7, but most lines were 55.5

How was this not your typical "Florida Man" story when it even involved the Gators playing?

A student at the University of Alabama is in jail after police say he made threats to LSU's Tiger Stadium.

Authorities say freshman Connor Bruce Croll, 19, is suspected of calling in a threat at Tiger Stadium during Saturday's game against the University of Florida. He was arrested in Tuscaloosa by school police Sunday morning where records listed him as a "fugitive from justice."

According to a police affidavit, investigators were able to locate the source of the call after receiving the bomb threat and brought Croll in for questioning. Police say he admitted to calling in the threat, saying he wanted to stop the game because "his friend was on the verge of losing a large bet."

The Arizona State 24/7 on HBO was pretty good. All three of them have been great, really. But I was wrong about Herm Edwards. I thought it was a disaster waiting to happen but he has ASU in a pretty good place right now. 

IUe6Hvh.png

12 hours ago, See Red said:

The Arizona State 24/7 on HBO was pretty good. All three of them have been great, really. But I was wrong about Herm Edwards. I thought it was a disaster waiting to happen but he has ASU in a pretty good place right now. 

It's his high energy and his attitude which making the difference, especially when compared to a Todd Graham.  The high energy NFL guys going to college seem to have edge in getting players to buy-in at a greater rate.  See Pete Carroll compared to Lovie Smith and Bill Callahan.  The notable high energy guy who didn't do so well is Jim Mora at UCLA, but he won the Pac-12 South a couple of times. Then there's the mixed bag of success from Lane Kiffin out there too. 

EDIT: Lovie beats #6 Wisconsin. Slight apology necessary

Archived