Tracy Jordan

2019 NCAA Football Thread

Georgia Tech beats Miami in overtime with a spot review plus measurement because football is dumb.

Also, this fake punt is worth a watch.

Looks like this is this second year in-a-row that an embarrassing punt play sums up the Arkansas football season.

Westgate had Wisconsin @ tOSU before today's loss in Champaign. 

That's going up.

I thought for sure we'd have to wait at least one more week for Mizzou to get exposed, but here they are ahead of schedule losing to Vandy. You may remember Vanderbilt as the team that got dominated by a terrible UNLV team last week.

EDIT: How did Arizona State become the official Pac-12 Network team?

12 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I thought for sure we'd have to wait at least one more week for Mizzou to get exposed, but here they are ahead of schedule losing to Vandy. You may remember Vanderbilt as the team that got dominated by a terrible UNLV team last week.

EDIT: How did Arizona State become the official Pac-12 Network team?

Two week window.

Heck, Ohio State@Northwestern was moved from FS1 to BTN due to the weather, but ASU@Utah was not really a game ESPN or FOX really wanted originally.  No real reason for FOX to use a 6-day window during the busiest three weeks in sports TV.

And two Jon Wilner tweets...

VaTech beats UNC in 6 OT.  Is that the first game to get to the new OT rules?

I didn't realize it was even happening and only managed to catch the last two plays, so no comment on whether the format is any good or not.

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

It's his high energy and his attitude which making the difference, especially when compared to a Todd Graham.  The high energy NFL guys going to college seem to have edge in getting players to buy-in at a greater rate.  See Pete Carroll compared to Lovie Smith and Bill Callahan.  The notable high energy guy who didn't do so well is Jim Mora at UCLA, but he won the Pac-12 South a couple of times. Then there's the mixed bag of success from Lane Kiffin out there too. 

EDIT: Lovie beats #6 Wisconsin. Slight apology necessary

In so few words, this is precisely the problem going on in Tallahassee right now, or rather, the dearth of it--and everyone knows it. The energy level picked up a tad once Jim Leavitt landed on the scene, but even that's done died down since. 

49 minutes ago, See Red said:

I didn't realize it was even happening and only managed to catch the last two plays, so no comment on whether the format is any good or not.

Mack iced his own kicker. 

53 minutes ago, See Red said:

Georgia, South Carolina last week I know did.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

They didn't get far enough to use the new OT rules. Otherwise South Carolina wouldn't have won by 3.

EDIT: ESPN bottomline claimed the UNC-VT game was the first time the new rules were used.

I have the Longhorn Network. I don't have the Pac-12 Network. Dissolve the Pac-12!

Tua got hurt and Alabama needs the refs to help beat Tennessee.

Maybe not that last part but they did benefit from a bogus penalty to make it a two TD game.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

It starts in the 5th OT. South Carolina vs Georgia ended before that.

2 minutes ago, See Red said:

Tua got hurt and Alabama needs the refs to help beat Tennessee.

Maybe not that last part but they did benefit from a bogus penalty to make it a two TD game.

Tennessee was amped up before that call then just fell off the rest of the drive. Alabama's need to show off their new lights is painful as hell as well. Do you really need to play with them when YOU'RE punting? 

Rutgers, Umass, UConn & Temple should form their own football conference. The Big Snore. 

Jeremy Pruitt, you cannot grabba player's facemask in anger, ever.

I'm most surprised that Michigan covered the 9.5.

7 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Jeremy Pruitt, you cannot grabba player's facemask in anger, ever.

I did that once in high school.  Thinking of it still fills me with shame.