2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

13 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Remember you're talking to a Florida fan when you say that. Rooting for Georgia is a fundamentally disgusting idea to me. 

Remember, you are talking to some who grew up in Tampa with a double Gator grad brother, so regardless of your location, Carrolwood, Town&Country, Lutz, Odessa, Brandon, or Egypt Lake you have reminded me to do something

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Brian Jones on CBS, "Joe Brady, he earned his money tonight!"

Brian, Joe doesn't get money

Umm, Joe BRADY is an offensive co-coordinator that came in from the NFL this year.

Joe BURROW is the Tigers'  QB.😋😎

It is what it is.

2 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Well App State looking to whoop the team who beat 1-loss Georgia.

And Georgia Southern got whipped by Troy, after GS beat App. Georgia Southern also beat App State last year after the Mountaineers got into the top 25. The very definition of having somebody's number. Though maybe weeknights are cursed since top 25 Sun Belt teams are now 0-3 in those.

1 hour ago, Wings said:

I doubt it. "The Committee" will judge a one loss Alabama losing only to LSU by 5 a good loss. 

I know; at halftime I thought if we can keep up this 20 pt. lead then Bama is out.   But this was Bama, so that didn't happen.

I do NOT want to meet Bama in a rematch. In college, rematches ALWAYS seem to favor the loser.

I can only hope for set of Baylor, Clemson, and  Ohio State/Minnesota undefeated runs.. 

It is what it is.

8 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

AGAIN,

Joe BRADY is a coach.

Joe BURROW is a player

And neither call plays.

Hiring Joe Brady as OC or even HC at a FBS level will be like hiring Josh Gattis as OC/playcaller after his QB coach year at Alabama.  Look at how poor Michigan has looked.

1 hour ago, willmorris said:

Just watch Ohio State lose to Minnesota in the Big Ten title game and then we get Georgia in too.

CBS Sports actually flashing a scenario on screen for Alabama was pathetic. Instead of backing the winner they were lobbying for the loser. Will they do this at the SEC Championship too?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

57 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

And neither call plays.

Hiring Joe Brady as OC or even HC at a FBS level will be like hiring Josh Gattis as OC/playcaller after his QB coach year at Alabama.  Look at how poor Michigan has looked.

Or Freddy kitchens to be the browns HC after being the rb coach the year before

22 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

App State has two Power 5 road wins yet still may lose their division next weekend.

Georgia State's been good this year, but I think App's defense will suffocate them. GSU thrives against poor secondaries (see the 52 they scored against both A-State and Troy), but against a team like App, I'd be surprised to see them get into the 30s unless App's offense scores too much. But I have been wrong before about just so many things.

1 minute ago, Wings said:

Red Wolves would beat The Stuck Pigs straight up. 

Too bad we may all die from climate change or a nuclear holocaust before getting to find out. Arkansas has loosened up "the policy" to now allow their teams to schedule in-state teams from within the University of Arkansas system (conveniently avoiding Arkansas State and Central Arkansas), so there is that.

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

CBS Sports actually flashing a scenario on screen for Alabama was pathetic. Instead of backing the winner they were lobbying for the loser. Will they do this at the SEC Championship too?

There was a pretty famous case in the 2006 SEC-CG of CBS more-or-less backing Florida when it came to debating whether the Gators or Wolverines should've gone to the NCG against Ohio State that year.

And I don't blame them in this case. Lets be honest, everybody was immediately thinking about what scenarios get Alabama back into the top-4 because we've seen it twice in this decade alone where Alabama losing a game in November ended up giving them a bye week into the NCG/playoffs and doing them more good than bad. And, to a slightly lesser extent, they lost at home in 2012 to Texas A&M in November, only to see other teams ahead of them slip up afterwards and backdoor them right back into the championship game as well that season. Somehow, things always seem to turn up alright for Alabama.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

There was a pretty famous case in the 2006 SEC-CG of CBS more-or-less backing Florida when it came to debating whether the Gators or Wolverines should've gone to the NCG against Ohio State that year.

And I don't blame them in this case. Lets be honest, everybody was immediately thinking about what scenarios get Alabama back into the top-4 because we've seen it twice in this decade alone where Alabama losing a game in November ended up giving them a bye week into the NCG/playoffs and doing them more good than bad. And, to a slightly lesser extent, they lost at home in 2012 to Texas A&M in November, only to see other teams ahead of them slip up afterwards and backdoor them right back into the championship game as well that season. Somehow, things always seem to turn up alright for Alabama.

Debating makes sense. Having a prepared graphic to start the debate is something different. And the game announcers shouldn't be the one's debating that graphic, that should be the studio crew doing that graphic.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Alabama is not making it to the playoffs. Anyone who watched that game knows they aren’t a top 4 team and only came back because LSU let off the gas of defense. It could have easily been a 30 point loss rather than 5. Ohio state, LSU, Clemson, and Georgia or Oregon are all who should be in right now. And if Georgia loses the SEC championship then they are out and Alabama won’t come in.

Archived