2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Utah is gone. The idea that a team that lost to South Carolina could get in because of their conference patch is annoying, but it was the only loss and nobody else is willing to step up to the plate, so sure.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

And Utah is gone. The idea that a team that lost to South Carolina could get in because of their conference patch is annoying, but it was the only loss and nobody else is willing to step up to the plate, so sure.

Far be it from me to defend Georgia but it has nothing to do with their conference patch.  Who has a better case than Georgia right now?  If they beat LSU they'll have wins over (based on current rank) #2, #9, #11, and #15.  Granted, Georgia looks like crap offensively most weeks and regularly gets bailed out by the officials, but still, I don't see the case for any team over them right now.

Georgia is in with a win and out with a loss and that was going to be the case whether Utah won or lost.

IUe6Hvh.png

6 hours ago, See Red said:

Far be it from me to defend Georgia but it has nothing to do with their conference patch.  Who has a better case than Georgia right now?  If they beat LSU they'll have wins over (based on current rank) #2, #9, #11, and #15.  Granted, Georgia looks like crap offensively most weeks and regularly gets bailed out by the officials, but still, I don't see the case for any team over them right now.

Georgia is in with a win and out with a loss and that was going to be the case whether Utah won or lost.

That's why I mentioned nobody else being willing to step up. If you're a one-loss team from a major conference (like Utah used to be), then you have a very good shot at the playoff. I just don't think Georgia has received enough criticism from people despite how hideous that South Carolina loss was and has become. If they win they're in and they deserve it (praise be the death of the BCS), but because they have an SEC patch they receive way less criticism than if they'd lost to Kansas State for instance.

3 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

So Baylor just needs to beat OU, and have LSU win, right?

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Yes. Can't see Georgia getting in with 2 losses and no title. 

The CFP committee did one interesting thing in their ranking which neither the AP nor the coaches did...

They ranked an 8-4 Oklahoma State at #25.  It could've been them or K-State, who is also 8-4, but ranking them gives Baylor or OU a second ranked team win. 

Otherwise, they'd only have each other as ranked opponents.

15 hours ago, Wings said:

Rainy Santa Clara on a Friday night. I wonder if @dfwabel is roaming around 😋

Nope, however I've been to Levi's on a Friday night for that game once before and for a rainy Cal/Oregon game there in 2014 during the Giants/Royals World Series. D@mn, that doesn't seem that long ago to me. 

I was cleaning/packing to go back to Tampa on Monday as my Mom is getting her left hip replaced.  Earlier this fall, my 4 and a half y.o. nephew jumped into her arms while she was sitting on her couch and she crumbled like Tua.

Just kidding about the Tua part. 

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Nope, however I've been to Levi's on a Friday night for that game once before and for a rainy Cal/Oregon game there in 2014 during the Giants/Royals World Series. D@mn, that doesn't seem that long ago to me. 

I was cleaning/packing to go back to Tampa on Monday as my Mom is getting her left hip replaced.  Earlier this fall, my 4 and a half y.o. nephew jumped into her arms while she was sitting on her couch and she crumbled like Tua.

Just kidding about the Tua part. 

Well wishes to your Mom. 

8 minutes ago, Wings said:

Utah vs. Baylor is the Cotton or Alamo?

Baylor back to JerryWorld for the Cotton vs. the G5 selection.

Even if Cincinnati wins, will they be penalized for a shutout loss @ tOSU as opposed to 1-loss App State or a 1-loss Boise?  A game which 126 of the other 129 FBS schools would have lost?

Archived