2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screw a grown man that calls himself "Dabo" and gives "all glory to god" and then goes on and on about the favor of god.  Screw you.  You coached, your god didn't.  Quit pretending that some mystical being helped you to win at the expense of his other children.  I have zero respect for athletes (or people in general) that believe that "god" has their back.  Grow up.  Same for their stupid-ass quarterback too.  And Carson Wentz, and Nick Foles.

Does the losing coach say that "all blame goes to god"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

LSU opened up -3

They put up 63 today. Do you think -3 is a smart bet? That feels like easy money to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, See Red said:

I'd take LSU -3 but Clemson has God, I guess... so I don't know.

I've been to Louisiana. Those people believe in a forgiving God more than any other place on the planet or they wouldn't be as rowdy as they are.

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Screw a grown man that calls himself "Dabo" and gives "all glory to god" and then goes on and on about the favor of god.  Screw you.  You coached, your god didn't.  Quit pretending that some mystical being helped you to win at the expense of his other children.  I have zero respect for athletes (or people in general) that believe that "god" has their back.  Grow up.  Same for their stupid-ass quarterback too.  And Carson Wentz, and Nick Foles.

Clemson was playing Aretha Franklin's "Respect" in the locker room after the game.

Dabo will run with that bit as an underdog for faux motivation for a team as talented as nearly every team in all of "amateur" football. He's a troll.

9 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Buckeyes did get screwed.

On one play. The Buckeyes also screwed themselves with a stupid roughing the kicker penalty and by only getting FGs on three drives in the 1st half. If they score one TD on one of those drives, they probably win the game. The botched replay call hurt, but I can't buy that it cost Ohio State the game. They put themselves in the position to make that call matter. 

BB52Big.jpg

34 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

On one play. The Buckeyes also screwed themselves with a stupid roughing the kicker penalty and by only getting FGs on three drives in the 1st half. If they score one TD on one of those drives, they probably win the game. The botched replay call hurt, but I can't buy that it cost Ohio State the game. They put themselves in the position to make that call matter. 

They had their foot on Clemson's throat and let off like Andy Reid was the head coach. LSU will not make that same mistake, I believe.

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Stevie Johnson dropped a would-be winning touchdown pass in overtime against the Steelers in 2010 and promptly did this afterwards:

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I don't watch college football so I don't know how things are usually called vs how they're called in the NFL, but that roughing the kicker really seemed suspect to me.  No matter how many times they showed it, I didn't see where he roughed him.  If anything, the kicker hit him and there was nothing he could have done about it - it was just incidental.

I think the catch/fumble was correctly reversed.  I don't know what the targeting rule is so can't comment on that one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't watch college football so I don't know how things are usually called vs how they're called in the NFL, but that roughing the kicker really seemed suspect to me.  No matter how many times they showed it, I didn't see where he roughed him.  If anything, the kicker hit him and there was nothing he could have done about it - it was just incidental.

I think the catch/fumble was correctly reversed.  I don't know what the targeting rule is so can't comment on that one.

The fact the punter jumped up instead of out is why they called it roughing. Punters are taught to leave the kicking leg out, but with that heavy a rush just get up instead of leaving yourself vulnerable to getting run over. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The fact the punter jumped up instead of out is why they called it roughing. Punters are taught to leave the kicking leg out, but with that heavy a rush just get up instead of leaving yourself vulnerable to getting run over. 

Still seemed like a petty flag.  There's nothing the Ohio State guy could have done to avoid it, and he clearly wasn't trying anything dirty.

Archived