2019 NCAA Football Thread

Tracy Jordan

Not for nothing, but this will also be the ______ & Purple Bowl...yellow and purple on one side, orange and purple on the other... 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Clemson was playing Aretha Franklin's "Respect" in the locker room after the game.

Dabo will run with that bit as an underdog for faux motivation for a team as talented as nearly every team in all of "amateur" football. He's a troll.

Crap like that makes me want Clemson to get drilled like Georgia did in the SEC Championship. Only because they won't get whipped like Oklahoma did. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

35 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I say this on behalf of the other 11 B1G schools (Rutgers and Maryland don't count)...thank God Ohio State is done.

I still think Clemson wins it next Monday.

It's not next Monday. There will be NFL Week 17 plus two rounds of NFL playoffs played before the CFP championship game on January 13.

6 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I say this on behalf of the other 11 B1G schools (Rutgers and Maryland don't count)...thank God Ohio State is done.

I still think Clemson wins it next Monday.

And I say this on behalf of tOSU to all the other B1G schools...

We will be once again pounding you mercilessly next year.  See you then.

10 hours ago, dfwabel said:

I almost hope they fire him just to see how far they drop. Greg McElroy brought up the recruits that just signed last month. How many will want out of their deal? Will the NCAA let them? How many of those kids will jump somewhere else if they are allowed? How many would move over to Oxford? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Napier would be a far better and (I stress this) *safer* choice here for the Bulldogs. The guy has has done pretty damn well at UL-Lafayette.

Freeze, on the other hand, still has those demons from Ole Miss that ran him out of there and into the hands of Liberty, where his health was also an issue.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:27 PM, Seadragon76 said:

Napier would be a far better and (I stress this) *safer* choice here for the Bulldogs. The guy has has done pretty damn well at UL-Lafayette.

Freeze, on the other hand, still has those demons from Ole Miss that ran him out of there and into the hands of Liberty, where his health was also an issue.

ESPN analyst Dari Nowkah (spelling) suggested Baylor should grab him. That would be even dumber than hiring any coordinator that served under Art Briles. 

Also, Brady Hoke's back at San Diego State:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/san-diego-state-coach-rocky-long-steps-down-brady-hoke-takes-over-aztecs-program-per-reports/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, Seadragon76 said:

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

ESPN analyst Dari Nowkah (spelling) suggested Baylor should grab him. That would be even dumber than hiring any coordinator that served under Art Briles.

Reports also have Mississippi State talking to Steve Sarkisian.

If he was getting blackout drunk in Seattle and Los Angeles, what the hell is he going to do in Starkville?  Granted, I hope he has gotten over his demons, but the pressure to win there from a delusional fan base may likely drive him to hit the bottle again.

They have also spoken to Mike Leach

Coaches Film Room coaches have yet to be named, but they will have the LSU radio feed on the SEC network and the Clemson radio feed on the ACC Network.

Plus, also a Ref Chat on the ESPN app.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2020/01/espn-presents-the-college-football-playoff-national-championship-through-cutting-edge-technology/

Refcast on ESPN App
A Bristol-based production where John Parry (former NFL referee), Matt Austin (former SEC referee) and Judson Howard (Pac-12 replay official) provide reaction and commentary from a referee’s perspective. An additional referee may be added to the presentation.

Archived