Your Most Fave Team('s) Least-Favorite Uniform/Logos

Simply put, this is a thread where you can put your most fave team('s) least-favorite uniform and/or logo.

Mine:

SEATTLE MARINERS: Their first uniform set worn from 1977-80 was blah.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: The original set was plain. The tweaks made in 1983 jazzed it up. But overall, I don't hate anything they've worn.

BC LIONS: Their 1970s sets, prior to their 1978-89 set don't rank highly with me.

SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS: The black jerseys they wore in the late 1990s/early-mid 2000s just look weird.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: I'm not much of a fan of the first-generation blue/green set. Haters gonna hate, but once their got into their skate logo, they've had solid looks since.

UBwef0L.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers:
spacer.png

These have been talked about at length.  The weird half-tail on the script.  The superfluous drop shadowing.  The crappy number fonts.  The gray ones are the worst because of how the gold essentially disappears everywhere but the sleeve piping, and they don't say Milwaukee.  Then they took the piping off the pants to accommodate the alt navy top which actually does say Milwaukee.

Packers:
spacer.png

I really want to say the current jerseys because of the three sleeve stripes and the fact that they've let that stripey mess of a collar from the Forrest Gregg days linger on.  But damned if these wouldn't be some of the top throwbacks in the league if they'd just match the damn pants!

Bucks:

spacer.png

The Bucks never should have worn purple to begin with.  But then they made them worse by making the numbers silver.

Browns:

859039474-new-york-jets-v-cleveland-brow

I'm with NicDB on the Packers...

GettyImages-876349854.jpg?w=980&q=75

Indians:

Cm87qZZWIAA8qjB.jpg:large

Blue Jackets:

627376-612x612.jpg

Buckeyes: There were a lot more choices for this one than I expected. The Bucks have worn some hideous gear in the past 15 years.

newsEngin.20261555_867562162.jpg

Toledo Rockets: A very crowded field too choose from. Of all the bad looks the Rockets have had, this one just might be the worst. 

ARK_CMUvTOL_03_original.jpg?1298492492

BB52Big.jpg

New York Islanders:

As much as I want to say the Gorton's Fisherman jersey which I have an unhealthy dislike for, this one is so bad it beat it.

New-York-Islanders-John-Tavares.jpg&w=80

New York Jets:

The current set.

Sacramento Kings:

Whomever came up with these should have their sight checked out they were so bad...

sacramento-kings-gold-768x576.jpg

Orioles -- Mid 90s home uniforms.  Too much black. To me, the Orioles should be a primarily orange team with black as the secondary color (more or less).

spacer.png

Ravens -- 1996. The whole look is a little too dark and the huge numbers and extra wide white stripe on the pants looked awful.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Now that I look at it, 1996 was a pretty bleak year for Baltimore home uniforms.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

spacer.png

The Flames is an pretty easy choice to make, honestly; the weird diagonal arm stripes and the hiiiiideous hem stripes on the front of the late 90's jersey are painfully, painfully bad-looking. The current set is pretty close, though, to be honest.

spacer.png

Same goes for the inaugural Reebok Blues set, but in regards to the failures so many teams endured on the Reebok switchover; a complete loss of hem striping, the useless piping and just a general butchering of the jersey. At least the Blues amended this disaster later on and fixed all of the flaws it has.

spacer.png

And the Canes' second Reebok jersey was even worse then the Blues' inaugural one, basically eliminating black completely aside from the collar and absolutely butchering an amazing jersey into a either a pathetic Red Wings cosplay (which I suppose fits for Peter Karmanos Jr., since he was born and raised in Detroit) or a Team Canada cosplay. At least the adidas switchover killed these jerseys and actually brought black back as a prominent color.

Ironically, the Jets, in either incarnation, have never made a jersey I don't like. So I guess I'll just post my least favourite logo;

spacer.png

While the Nets look pretty bad now, they certainly have looked worse.

Drazen.png

Chelsea have been wearing some jacked-up garbage the past couple of years.

2018-19-chelsea-fc-stadium-home-football-shirt-0nTgEm7p.jpgImage result for chelsea 2020 shirt

Egad! How is it possible to mess up a blue shirt?!

Oh, how I long for the straighforward beauty of this shirt.

Image result for chelsea 2008 shirt

NYCFC had a shockingly bad road shirt for a couple of seasons.

Image result for nycfc away shirt 2016

letterman-hyp-mo-tized.png

On 8/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, johnnysama said:

SEATTLE MARINERS: Their first uniform set worn from 1977-80 was blah

Hold on, there!  That first cap logo was brilliant, the best in team history.

Related image

That is a damn handsome cap.

The team's look didn't descend to "blah" until the late 1980s.

Image result for mariners 1988

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Giants - the '83-'93 road uniform looked decent from the front, but the home version just looks dreadful (especially when combined with the awful number font).

8578-2Fr.jpg 2107b_Auc45_lg.jpeg

Brewers - NicDB already mentioned my first pick, so here's my second. The first incarnation of the Germanic design just looked messy, especially the navy jersey.

IMG_0002+%25282%2529.jpg

Mariners - the '81-'86 set is the single-ugliest primary baseball design in the history of the game. The double-outlines (of different widths), the poor perspective on the trident-star, the horribly dated font, and the racing stripes make for a pile of clown feces. 

2195f_lg.jpeg 52ca9e497ef3b4a076f6ecd667e0456b--baseball-uniforms-sports-uniforms.jpg 1986+Topps+Dave+Henderson.jpg

Sharks - "lighter and faster" = a dull mess that created new problems (e.g., asymmetrical striping on the sleeves). The logo is still terrible.

15212325832_slide.jpg

Warriors - Basketball Sentai Warrioranger's first incarnation just looks dreadful. I'm just imagining Latrell Sprewell is expressing his distaste for this look, right before trying to assault PJ Carlesimo.

rawImage.jpg

Honorable mentions for each team:

Giants-Jack-Clark.gif usa-today-8840480.0.jpg 1978-road2.jpg

december-11-2009-san-jose-ca-usa-san-jose-sharks-defenseman-dan-boyle-H7KCX9.jpg CHris-Washburn.jpg?fit=640,360&ssl=1

That gold Brewers jersey is particularly dreadful.

For 2 seasons (1993-94), the Mets went with a different script and it just didn't work for them. It's their worst and thank god they went back to their traditional script for 1995-onward. Not terrible but very anti-Mets. (The word Anti will be a common theme in this)

Image result for mets 1994

Then Rangers GM John Ferguson thought it was a good idea to "update" the Rangers uniforms in the mid-70s. It was met with universal criticism from the fans. They only lasted 2 years before going back to the classic blue sweater. They aren't bad but it's very anti-Rangers and that's what was the issue with these uniforms. This would be the same (or similar) design used for the Winnipeg Jets and it worked for them. 

Image result for new york rangers 1977

Similarly to the Rangers, the Knicks went with a design that was very anti-Knicks in the 80s. Not a good look for them. This also didn't last long and they went back to their classic championship era set. 

Image result for knicks 1980

I've gone on record many times on how much I loathe the new Jets set. I still believe this set will age poorly in a few years and people will be asking for the Namath sets to return again. 

Image result for new york jets 2019

To not sound repetitive, just look at @Ferdinand Cesarano post about NYCFC and Chelsea. I agree about Nike and how poorly they've handled Chelsea. They're just very uninspired compared to what Adidas (or even Umbro) used to put out. Chelsea's current home kits are their worst under Nike.

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

For 2 seasons (1993-94), the Mets went with a different script and it just didn't work for them. It's their worst and thank god they went back to their traditional script for 1995-onward. Not terrible but very anti-Mets. (The word Anti will be a common theme in this)

Image result for mets 1994

The unnecessary tail was indeed a misstake, and getting rid of it was a very good thing.  But, considering the addition of black to the uniform that was to come a few years down the road, we cannot call the tail the Mets' worst look. 

The picture above looks far more "Metsy" than does something like this.

Image result for mets 2000

If you want to call something "anti-Mets", then there it is: it's the use of black.  By contrast, the addition of a stray tail to a correctly-coloured uniform is a minor faux pas.

Similarly to the Rangers, the Knicks went with a design that was very anti-Knicks in the 80s. Not a good look for them. This also didn't last long and they went back to their classic championship era set. 

Image result for knicks 1980

There is plenty of nostalgia for this uniform, which features nice contrasting numbers on the road. 

A few years ago the Knicks used a uniform based on it for their Westchester G-League team, even reproducing the wordmark font (though, oddly, not the matching number font).

Image result for westchester knicks jersey    Image result for knicks micheal ray

I assume that the Bernard King road jersey from this set is a reasonably good seller, judging by glimpses of it in the wild, and also by the availability of it at some hat/jersey stores that I have been to.  I wouldn't be surprised (nor would I be displeased) to see this set as a throwback.

I've gone on record many times on how much I loathe the new Jets set. I still believe this set will age poorly in a few years and people will be asking for the Namath sets to return again. 

Image result for new york jets 2019

While I agree that this set will age terribly, I think that the fans' call will not be for a return to the busy Namath-style unis, but, rather, for the clean design and the beautiful helmet logo of the Sack Exchange unis.

Autographed Joe Klecko New York Jets 8x10 Photo

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

This ugly bit of misfortune.  Also the jersey was forgettable as hell.

chi_worstqbs01_800-800x445.jpg

I know a lot of fans loved this design, but I've always found it gross.

30624654_1.jpg?v=8D5E03746559470

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wild

Related image

The phantom yoke, the roundel logo, the inconsistency with the away jersey. I was thrilled when we moved away from these when Adidas took over and I hope we don't go back.

Twins

Image result for minnesota twins 2019 uniforms

Their current uniforms are a cluster%#&$. I don't care if you brinf back the met stadium uniforms or the dome uniforms or whatever, just drop the gold.

Vikings

Image result for minnesota vikings adrian peterson

The worst uniform the Vikings wore is the road uniform with purple pants while the Vikes had the piped messes of uniforms in the 2000s and early 2010s.

Timberwolves

Image result for minnesota timberwolves

The lime green is... horrible. I don't like it as an accent color for the wolves and I REALLY don't like it as the main color.

Minnesota United

Image result for minnesota united 2019

Again, the worst uniform from a team I cheer for is their current jersey. For MNUFC it's their new all white kit that makes it on this list. It's just so boring, just DO SOMETHING on it so it isn't just white with a black target on the chest.

My least favourite Ducks logo? Easy.

Not only did this replace everything that drew me to the team in the first place, but all those months of anticipation in the leadup to its reveal and the new logo is... the word "Ducks". Riveting.

fbh4jfr7lwbpuezjx0xbktfmo.gif

I get why they did it, at least if I look at it from the whole 'distancing themselves from Disney and establishing the shortened name' perspective. But knowing that this rebrand came about because of Burke's masturbatory fixation on playing Army dress-up has really soured me on it. Despite the fond memories of that Cup winning season, I would be very happy to never see this again.

There are a handful of uniforms that I don't like, but my least favourite of all is their frankly pathetic 2007-14 Edge set. For one thing the hemstripes didn't even go all the way around. But the absolute worst aspect was on the initial set, where the wordmark was shrunken down to the point where you probably needed binoculars to see the damn thing.

13090613512413.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Philadelphia Phillies:

3HWMQ4YL6RFM3BBYYWQCEQ74AQ.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles:

76968818-640x432.jpg

Philadelphia Flyers:

83301073.jpg

Philadelphia 76ers:

dana_barros_1995.jpg

I know, how could it not be the one prior to this? Cause that was the earlier sixers jersey I remember, and its soooo bad, I love it. This one, I ever cared for the number font's and that odd outline that encompasses SIXERS.

8 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Image result for mets 2000

My nostalgic glasses refuse to call the black uniform bad. 

Ok so I’ve been thinking about it and I change my mind. The real worst Mets uniforms are the 2010-2011 home jersey.

spacer.png

I’m someone who actually liked the BFBS era Mets but even I saw it run it’s course in 2010 when they changed the pinstripes to a cream white color. Add that with the drop shadow they kept and a new stadium that had virtually nothing Mets related to it, it creates a real muddy look for a rather forgettable-awkward period in Mets history.

2009-2011 was a weird time where I feel the Mets just suddenly lost their identity. They finally got it back in 2012 once they dropped black and added the blue and orange walls.

I originally picked the 1994-95 uniform because of how the tail-script stuck out like a sore thumb but after really thinking about their uniform history, it’s this one that takes that cake for worst Mets uniform. 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived