Your Most Fave Team('s) Least-Favorite Uniform/Logos

On 8/27/2019 at 8:37 AM, leopard88 said:

Ravens -- 1996. The whole look is a little too dark and the huge numbers and extra wide white stripe on the pants looked awful.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Now that I look at it, 1996 was a pretty bleak year for Baltimore home uniforms.

This is one of my favorite uniforms...Black/purple/black just looked really cool to me, but the white stripe did look bad. I actually wouldn't mind if the Ravens went back to flat numbers...the shadow seems dated. I also like that bird sleeve logo better than the shield lol

The weird part of the 1996 Ravens uniforms were the roads, where the numbers had no gold on them, just purple w/ white and black outlines. 

13020211101495.jpg

My picks: 

Patriots: I wasn't alive for these, and I'm sure there will be some fans of this... but this is pretty bad in comparison to other Pat Patriot uniforms. Too plain, tiny stripes that don't really match the helmet stripes ...ugh...

7_jim_plunkett_1971_pg_600.0.jpeg

Avalanche: The aprons...yuck

20120331_ter_aw4_270.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This is one of my favorite uniforms...Black/purple/black just looked really cool to me, but the white stripe did look bad. I actually wouldn't mind if the Ravens went back to flat numbers...the shadow seems dated. I also like that bird sleeve logo better than the shield lol

The weird part of the 1996 Ravens uniforms were the roads, where the numbers had no gold on them, just purple w/ white and black outlines. 

13020211101495.jpg

I will admit that the overall look has grown on me a little.  That may be because I've become more accustomed to dark-over-dark uniforms since then as more teams have worn them (including the Ravens).  However, at the time, that look was pretty uncommon.  The closest I can think of to the Ravens uniforms from that era is Northwestern, which reversed the pattern (purple helmet, black jersey, purple pants).

spacer.png

That said, even accounting for the general style being a little less offputting, it's still a look with some issues (e.g., the huge numbers and extra wide pants stripe, as mentioned above). I like the sleeve logo and the white striped socks, but they aren't enough to save it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

23 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I will admit that the overall look has grown on me a little.  That may be because I've become more accustomed to dark-over-dark uniforms since then as more teams have worn them (including the Ravens).  However, at the time, that look was pretty uncommon.  The closest I can think of to the Ravens uniforms from that era is Northwestern, which reversed the pattern (purple helmet, black jersey, purple pants).

That said, even accounting for the general style being a little less offputting, it's still a look with some issues (e.g., the huge numbers and extra wide pants stripe, as mentioned above). I like the sleeve logo and the white striped socks, but they aren't enough to save it.

Coincidentally, I just realized the striped socks were essentially the helmet/jersey/pants combo...black/purple/black and black/white/black. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Coincidentally, I just realized the striped socks were essentially the helmet/jersey/pants combo...black/purple/black and black/white/black. 

You just realized that?

Actually, I never really thought of it that way.  I just always thought of it as the center stripe matching the jersey.  The net effect is the same.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Cardinals:

Yadier-Molina-Catchers-Gear-Cleats-2019-

The current alternate powder blues. I like the actual historic pullover powder blues (even though I barely lived in that era), but these are... bad, in my opinion. And not only were they already ugly, the team also consistently loses whenever wearing them, and some players have expressed that they dislike these as well for that reason.

Pacers:

gettyimages-1068526470.jpg?itok=fgeA3j77

The "Earned" jerseys from this last season have absolutely zero redeeming qualities. Both the white and grey versions are bad, but the grey is even more miserable. I've loved every Pacers jersey, from the Flo Jos to the pinstripes to the current jerseys which are my favorite. But these eyesores need to be relegated to a one-year mistake.

Colts: No problems whatsoever. Colts are perfect from head to toe, and fortunately haven't made the mistake of doing anything too cute with them. I hope they never change.

Blues: I take no issue with any era of the Blues' look.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Jets:(formerly Thrashers)

95618433_display_image.jpg?1306974155

The 08-11 thirds. Absolutely what a mess. Also, the socks' striping looks weird and the side panels and the striping on the upper arms are bit too much.

Yes, they look like football jerseys. I glad they retired the thirds before they move.

Currently Jets:

USATSI_12375820_168383719_lowres.jpg

The roads. Never a fan of the striping across the upper blue yoke. I prefer their Heritage jerseys over their regular roads. Make the roads inspired to Heritage jerseys.

Red Sox:

220px-Kevin_Youkilis_warming_up.jpg

The current red alternates. They never should remove the piping and it looked like a college uniform. But I actually liked them in red. Yes,the former alternates are much better than we have now.

IMG_3536-e1525986637360.jpg

Yeah, this jersey is a beauty.

Seahawks:

seattle-seahawks.jpg?w=700&h=437&crop=1

The color rush. UGH. 🤢 this is so disgusting. the neon green actually really looks vomit green at they'e wearing. 

Nippon-Ham Fighters:

C6ApCq7VMAAwh8p.jpg

The golden jersey with blue striping on left side is even hideous. But I liked the hat.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

1 hour ago, Eastport76 said:

Jets:(formerly Thrashers)

95618433_display_image.jpg?1306974155

The 08-11 thirds. Absolutely what a mess. Also, the socks' striping looks weird and the side panels and the striping on the upper arms are bit too much.

Yes, they look like football jerseys. I glad they retired the thirds before they move.

The Thrashers identity was just terrible in general.

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

The Thrashers identity was just terrible in general.

Unpopular opinion:  I thought they were pretty close to something great...  Until the RBK Edge implementation mucked everything up.

1 minute ago, Morgo said:

Unpopular opinion:  I thought they were pretty close to something great...  Until the RBK Edge implementation mucked everything up.

You're 100% right on half of their jerseys. The asymmetrical home jersey was great. Their pre-Edge misstep was not adopting a matching road version.

The Edge change-over made it worse, though. Both jerseys got substantially worse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

It just felt like too much to me. Too many colours, too many lines,too many extraneous details, too much everything. Their jerseys felt like a kindergarten classroom distilled into a sports uniform.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:11 PM, kimball said:

9873113-nba-boston-celtics-at-utah-jazz. 

I hope you're talking about the Celtics, because that Jazz uniform is gorgeous.  It, along with the Nets' uniform...

Image result for nets sleeved jersey

...demonstrates why the sleeved jerseys were a good thing.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:52 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

Magic:

dwight.jpg

This is the best the Magic have ever looked, the only time they weren't saddled with some goofy font for the lettering and/or the numbers.  

(It always cracks me up when people contend the Magic or the Tampa Bay Lightning must have goofy uniforms and that they should not have dignified ones.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 9/1/2019 at 5:52 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

Texans (not a uniform because they've stuck with the same thing the whole time, thankfully)

McNair-10th-Wallpaper-1280X800.jpg

I really think that the white helmet and red jerseys should have been the way to go; not only is it a better look, it also better differentiates them from the other in-state team, the Cowboys. 

It is what it is.

New Orleans Saints - this one-off back in the Aaron Brooks/Jim Haslett days was the absolute worst:

spacer.png

But I pretty much dislike any of their combos that include black pants:

spacer.png spacer.png 

New Orleans Pelicans - The Mardi Gras "NOLA" sleeved jerseys were hideous:

spacer.png

LSU Tigers - Most of the one-offs (except throwbacks), including last year's with the purple "color-changing" helmet:

spacer.png

Wearing white helmets and pants against South Carolina in 2015:

spacer.png

Probably worst of all, the purple pants game against Kentucky in 1995:

spacer.png

It is what it is.

Archived