Your Most Fave Team('s) Least-Favorite Uniform/Logos

5 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I hope you're talking about the Celtics, because that Jazz uniform is gorgeous. 

I'm very much talking about the Jazz uniform. It's horrible, especially when this is all that comes to mind when I see it.

ffaf26d293fc6c8cd547c7ddffc1478f.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vikings: Any combo from 2006-2012 minus the Throwbacks.

spacer.png

Timberwolves: Either their previous or current set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Twins: Any of their uniforms that have gold. Their Away uniform and Alternate are beautiful.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

On 8/27/2019 at 10:58 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The team's look didn't descend to "blah" until the late 1980s.

Image result for mariners 1988

While this uniform itself is bland, one must not forget that it was worn in that iconic 1988 game at the Angels, when opera singer Enrico Palazzo, disguised as an umpire, kept a hypnotized Reggie Jackson from assassinating the Queen of England with a gun that had been hidden underneath second base. There's a good chance that assassination, if successful, would have kicked off World War III, and many of us would not be here today.

23 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:
On 8/27/2019 at 10:58 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The team's look didn't descend to "blah" until the late 1980s.

Image result for mariners 1988

While this uniform itself is bland, one must not forget that it was worn in that iconic 1988 game at the Angels, when opera singer Enrico Palazzo, disguised as an umpire, kept a hypnotized Reggie Jackson from assassinating the Queen of England with a gun that had been hidden underneath second base. There's a good chance that assassination, if successful, would have kicked off World War III, and many of us would not be here today

Surely you can't be serious.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Vikings: Current.  I know, I know...Reebok-era side-panel mess.  They weren't great (particularly the side panel transition to the pants) but I prefer that color balance to the minimal white used now.

Twins: 1980s pullovers with red caps.

Wild: The green college-script jersey.  The logo is the highlight of the identity, to leave it off of a jersey is a crime.

T-Wolves.  I guess we'll call it the "Ricky Rubio era."  The complete absence of green (https://fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2012/11/6043200.jpg)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Browns current brown uniforms (all brown is the worst of the looks). This one is self explanatory. 

Image result for browns raiders 2015

Indians all red from the 70s. I don't mind the red jersey, but the red pants with it is a no.

Image result for cleveland indians red throwbacks

Cavaliers splash uniforms from the 90s. It is one of those uniforms that are so bad that you kinda like them, but I am glad they moved on and don't wear them anymore (except as a throwback). 

Related image

Hurricanes former set. The white uniform from this set I don't hate. This one is horrible. Hardly any black and no silver/gray at all. A complete downgrade from the former set.

Image result for teravainen hurricanes

Bowling Green 2005 brown jersey. I think a brown jersey with orange pants works well. However, there needs to be at least some orange on this jersey. Number outlines, sleeves, shoulders. Just looks awkward without any orange on the jersey. 

Image result for bowling green football uniforms

T1oYViW.png

22 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Twins: Any of their uniforms that have gold. Their Away uniform and Alternate are beautiful.

spacer.png

I agree. the metallic gold looks more a mustard-tan colour. Yes, it looks disgusting. they should ditch all uniforms except the away uniform and alternate and bring the Metrodome-era uniforms back.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

51913968_original.jpg?1293550599Utah had a dark period of uniforms changing every year it seemed the stripes getting crazy and crazier. This one being the worst offender. Nowadays, cleaner and better uniforms....TVBA2ZXHIFH63NUSF4URUER7HA.jpgWished they would wear White pants with these the all Red is getting tiring time for a change boys!

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Redskins: I'll never forgive Lombardi for getting rid of those beautiful spear helmets for this.

spacer.png

Notre Dame Football: This was horrendous on so many levels.

spacer.png

Notre Dame Basketball:

spacer.png

Detroit Tigers: I've always disliked the white outline on the aways, and those hats made the whole thing even worse.

spacer.png

Toledo Mud Hens: Love the hat, hate the jersey.

spacer.png

Red Wings: WTF even is this?

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you're talking about football uniforms, unless they're white, the jersey and pants should never be the same color.  Period. 

Most of the time I agree with you on that. For this set to work, though, the jersey and pants had to be the same color, so that the horn down the side of the jersey and pants would also be all one color, and would thus appear as a horn rather than two unrelated stripes.

I also like the Seahawks in all blue and the Panthers in all black. Wouldn't mind the Ravens in all black if their black pants had stripes.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:20 PM, kimball said:

I'm very much talking about the Jazz uniform. It's horrible, especially when this is all that comes to mind when I see it.

ffaf26d293fc6c8cd547c7ddffc1478f.jpg

Aha! Is it fisticuffs for which you are hankering, good sir? For it is fisticuffs which you have found, unless you cease your shenanigans forthwith!

On 9/4/2019 at 2:56 PM, Eastport76 said:

I agree. the metallic gold looks more a mustard-tan colour. Yes, it looks disgusting. they should ditch all uniforms except the away uniform and alternate and bring the Metrodome-era uniforms back.

I like the gold uniforms that World Series champions have been wearing, but I really wish baseball teams would admit gold doesn't work any other way.

Also, the Metrodome-era look is quintessential Twins to me.  They should have never strayed from it.

I am going to keep my submissions to the last decade. 

St. Louis Cardinals: 

spacer.png

These faux history uniforms are below where the Cardinals used to be. Since 2013, they’ve constantly been tinkering with their look and not for the better. This uniform is the worst yet. Pair that with the fact the Cards have only won once while wearing them has added to the negative association. They are popular with most fans, so I doubt they’re going anywhere anytime soon. 

Chicago Bears: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Bears are hard to find fault with. I like most of what they do. With that said, I believe they should wear white pants with their navy and orange jerseys and navy pants wit the white jersey. 

Chicago Bulls:

spacer.png

The Bulls are another team that I don’t have a lot of issues with. Their black alt could be improved if they replaced the block CHICAGO with the script Chicago. The block letters are boring and offer little character to the uniform. I think the script Chicago would look sharp. 

Liverpool FC:

spacer.png

In recent years, the Warrior/New Balance offerings have been much better. I have some grips with how the 19/20 kits are cut creating an apron look with the stripes, but the 13/14 away kits are a reminder of how bad things once were and how much better they’ve gotten. 

I don’t have issues with any of the other teams I root for, but I won’t miss the MLS white period when it hopefully comes to a close 18 months from now. 

On 9/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, MCM0313 said:

While this uniform itself is bland, one must not forget that it was worn in that iconic 1988 game at the Angels, when opera singer Enrico Palazzo, disguised as an umpire, kept a hypnotized Reggie Jackson from assassinating the Queen of England with a gun that had been hidden underneath second base. There's a good chance that assassination, if successful, would have kicked off World War III, and many of us would not be here today.

BTW, just discovered this gem: https://www.espn.com/general/page2/story?id=5863233&src=desktop

If the submissions can include one time special use uniforms, by far the most hideous uniform any of my teams have ever worn was the alligator costume UF wore against Texas A&M

USATSI_10347475-718x490.jpg

Of course by opening the submissions up to all uniforms then this thread will be filled with players weekend uniforms and color rush stuff. 

If I’m limiting my submission to the worst primary home or away uniform 

dolphins-chargers-footb2.jpg?w=640

This specific uniform form combination has all the worst:

1. Aqua pants.  Aqua pants look terrible for every version of Dolphins uniforms

2. Navy accents

3. A washed out coral 

4. A white face-mask

5. A cruise ship helmet decal 

6. No stripes on the socks.  

Fortunately the team darkened the coral and jettisoned the navy accents in the jersey and pants. This has made a massive difference.  I’m still holding out hope they ditch aqua pants.  I see no reason why they can’t use all white on the road too.  I’m beginning to give up on the helmet. Ownership seems to love it.  Their creative people all seem to love it.  Basically everyone else hates it. 

I am actually far more interested in baseball uniforms but none of my teams “bad” uniforms have offended me as much as that dolphins uniform. 

Archived