Sign in to follow this  
gosioux76

Designer of UND's 'Fighting Sioux' logo unveils his own 'Fighting Hawks' logo, apparel

13 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Professional teams keep following the herd; one team does something goofy and then others spend the next couple decades repeating variations of it.  Why should schools be any different?

Because typically, those trends come and go within the time we've seen universities continue to make this mistake. Pullover jerseys were introduced in MLB the same year Stanford became the Cardinal and had vanished by the start of the 1993 season. The Broncos introduced side panels to football in 1997 and now, 22 years later, that trend is very much on its last legs.

There is honestly no excuse for universities to not have figured it out by now.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:41 PM, Gothamite said:

This is probably a subject for another thread, but...

What the hell is that?!

NICO-TAN THE SUNTAN LOTION WITH NICOTINE

I thought the Fighting Sioux logo was great. But after the turmoil it was time to let go. I really like the new Fighting Hawks logo. It looks great on a hat.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:08 PM, Brian in Boston said:

The person who claimed responsibility for designing the logos flanking the actual Washington Capitals mark up-thread, subsequently filed a lawsuit against the team's ownership.

Said suit alleged that, over the course of several years, he'd created and made available to the Washington Capitals various designs for a team logo (including the two designs pictured above). Because he felt that the logo prototypes that he'd submitted, unsolicited, to the NHL franchise contained "several protectable elements" from a design standpoint, and because the  Washington Capitals' Eagle-and-Capitol logo was a "substantially similar work" to his designs, he filed suit for copyright infringement.

What a pill.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, KJTALBOT said:

I thought the Fighting Sioux logo was great. But after the turmoil it was time to let go. I really like the new Fighting Hawks logo. It looks great on a hat.

I’d like to know exactly what hat you feel it looks “great” on, because I see a white blob on every Fighting Hawks hat I come across.