EPCOT Complete Rebranding for 2019 and beyond

mattr1198

Announced at D23, Epcot is getting a full rebrand in logo and concept. But since this is only a logo/design page, here's the old vs new logo. I think it's a substantial improvement and looks far less dated.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The company also revealed some overall branding changes, reviving old attraction logos and revealing 7 new ones as well in the same spirit:

spacer.png

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

I'm completely ecstatic about the logo change back to the modified original. Can't wait to get my hands on some merchandise.

Also a big fan of the return to use of the pavilion logos...although the new ones feel a bit out of place for the most part.

gYH2mW9.png

33 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The new C just looks odd...I think it's the spacing/kerning. Just seems too rounded while the other letters have more of a flat look. 

You're right. The "C" is rounded, where the "E" is also rounded, but rounded differently. They look like different fonts. They should have gone with the old-school EPCOT wordmark's C and just taken the E and cut off the middle bar.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

18 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

You're right. The "C" is rounded, where the "E" is also rounded, but rounded differently. They look like different fonts. They should have gone with the old-school EPCOT wordmark's C and just taken the E and cut off the middle bar.

It appears they used the O as the starting point for the C and just cut out part of the O instead of the approach you mentioned with starting with the E.

On 9/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, rmc523 said:

It appears they used the O as the starting point for the C and just cut out part of the O instead of the approach you mentioned with starting with the E.

The O is weirdly wider than the C though...at least I'm fairly sure that's true.  It'd look better if they were the same letter/shape with a part cut out. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:15 PM, GeauxColonels said:

I'm completely ecstatic about the logo change back to the modified original. Can't wait to get my hands on some merchandise.

Also a big fan of the return to use of the pavilion logos...although the new ones feel a bit out of place for the most part.

as someone who has one of the original pavilion logos tattooed on me, it's cool that they're going back to something inspired by them. i just wish the plans for the new epcot were as inspired as epcot center.

sig2024.png

15 hours ago, Brian E said:

as someone who has one of the original pavilion logos tattooed on me, it's cool that they're going back to something inspired by them. i just wish the plans for the new epcot were as inspired as epcot center.

Considering the fact that all of Future World has been completely outdated for some time, it makes sense to futureproof the park and keep the general spirit of an exploration of mankind alive. It's not bad at all and does leave me pretty excited for a return to Epcot, which i haven't been to in over a decade.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

On 9/13/2019 at 4:51 PM, Cosmic said:

5 SpaceBucks on Horizons.

you have your five spacebucks!

my dad and i got matching horizons ones on my bachelor party weekend (he was my best man).

On 9/13/2019 at 2:15 AM, mattr1198 said:

Considering the fact that all of Future World has been completely outdated for some time, it makes sense to futureproof the park and keep the general spirit of an exploration of mankind alive. It's not bad at all and does leave me pretty excited for a return to Epcot, which i haven't been to in over a decade.

not to be all parks and resorts nerdy, but they could absolutely have kept the original theme fresh had they been diligent about investing in it, but they were all too happy to pocket the money and turn epcot into an overpriced craft beer festival.

i think the new plan has major plans. relying too heavily on IP, especially ones that aren't guaranteed to be timeless (i'm looking at your guardians of the galaxy) is opening them up to more outdatedness than keeping it about aspirational future. as you may have guessed, epcot center '82-to-millennium celebration is my jam. 

sig2024.png

Archived