1STROUND DRAFTPICK'S SUPER JERSEY COLLECTION CONCEPT (CHICAGO WHITE SOX ADDED!!)

1stRound DraftPick

48 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Amazing work! I love each and every jersey in this set.

A few suggestions for some improvements:

- The “J” in “Jays” on the pastime set looks more like a cursive “L” than a “J.”

- For the Canada Day jersey, maybe think about flipping the colors of the script.

I cannot wait to see what you do with my White Sox next!

You're right...it does look like an L. Maybe they have a Lays potato chip sponsorship? Lol I'll fix it.

For the Canada Day Jersey, its tough because I originally started off with a white script but something about it just felt too tame:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

How do you feel about the options? I mean, I like the white script. Primarily the one with the outline. But....the Blue script stands out as more impactful to me. Probably why the Braves, Red Sox, Angels and Cardinals opted for a colored script on their reds.

Maybe the white script could be used for another Canada Day?  Anyone else care to chime in? I'll change it if the white script is overwhelmingly favored.

Thanks for discussing these jerseys with me btw. Means a lot.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer the white with no outline best. It’s cleaner and the letters pop more.

6 hours ago, 1stRound DraftPick said:

Thanks for discussing these jerseys with me btw. Means a lot.

No problem, man! This is one of the most interesting series to come around in a while.

I have an idea: those north Toronto jerseys? Since they bought The raptors a championship, how about replacing the pastime jerseys with that. And make  the beautiful jays jerseys a tender light blue? Great work man!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

9 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

They could all honestly work. I think I’d vote for the third because of the continuity with the blue and red jersey....plus, despite going all red for Canada, the Jays remain blue.

10 hours ago, GDLions said:

I actually like the blue script better, it pops more and has continuity with the rest of the set.

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I prefer the white with no outline best. It’s cleaner and the letters pop more.

No problem, man! This is one of the most interesting series to come around in a while.

13 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Definitely prefer the white with outline version, the blue one isn’t bad either

Thanks guys. I think I'll keep the Blue script as a part of the set. But I'll leave the others visible in the thread so other can see. I also update the font on the Pastime jerseys. The J no longer looks like an L, and the overall font is streamlined and matches the classic script a little better.

spacer.png

Speaking of the Pastime Jerseys....

11 hours ago, Blindsay said:

I have an idea: those north Toronto jerseys? Since they bought The raptors a championship, how about replacing the pastime jerseys with that. And make  the beautiful jays jerseys a tender light blue? Great work man!

The Pastime jerseys are meant to celebrate the history of baseball in Toronto. In case you didn't know or I wasn't clear, the jerseys aren't a reference to the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team. There was actually a Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team in the International League. The jersey I used was their 1952 jersey, seen here:

Spoiler

Image result for toronto maple leafs baseball 1952

Outside of the Black Jays era, the Jays jerseys have pretty much followed the same template...same split-lettered script, same logo placement, etc.To break up the "uniformity" (pun intended), I decided to introduce the Maple Leafs jersey, but updated for the Jays. The North Raptors jersey would make for an interesting baseball jersey though..

The Beautiful Jays has to remain black. The actual bird called "beautiful jay" is black and blue, and I wanted to give SOME call back to their 2004-2011 set. We still have the powder blue Vintage roads! Cool ideas though.

• 2 weeks later...

On to the AL Central, starting with the Southsiders of Chi Town....

rucDoFO.png

CHICAGO WHITE SOX

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Global Logo – All-new logo! Used for global marketing.

Primary Logo – Update of current Primary Logo.

Secondary Logo – Update of current Alternate Logo.

Tertiary Logos:
- Batterman, update of the 1980s Alternate Logo.
- Vintage Sox, update the 1936 Primary Logo.

Primary Home – Update of the 2019 Home Jersey.
Primary Road – Update of the 2019 Road Jersey.
Primary Neutral – All-New jersey. Based on the 1973 Road Jersey. Six-pointed star on sleeve. Worn sparingly during the season and all of Spring Training.

LATE 20th CENTURY

Silver Series Home – Update of the 1993 Alternate Jersey.
Silver Series Road – Update of the 1969 Road Jersey.
Windy City – Based on the 1973 Road Jersey. Six-pointed star on sleeve.

EARLY 20th CENTURY

Gold Series Home – Update of the 1936 Home Jersey.
Gold Series Road – Update of the 1916 Road Jersey. Worn with black pants.
Patriotic – Update of the 1917 World Series Home Jersey. Flag on left sleeve the celebrate the troops of the Great War (WWI), patch on right sleeve to celebrate their 1906, 1917, and 2005 World Series titles.

THE 80'S

Batterman – Update of the 1982 Home Jersey.

Batterman Alternate – All-new jersey based on the 1986 BP Jersey.
Batting Practice – All-new jersey. Based on a losing design from their 1981 Uniform Design contest.

The Chicago White-Sox have had many different uniform designs over the years. Because of this, a lot of jerseys had to be sacrificed in order to keep the updated designs consistent. I know, I gave the Yankees random designs, but they were simply an exception that I likely wont repeat.

I also decided to have black and white as the White Sox main color scheme, with splashes of silver, gold, and red to highlight their three other uniform sets (Silver for their current era jerseys, gold for their vintage era jerseys, and red for their 80s jerseys).

Still, black and white are the primary colors here. I considered adding an all-red jersey, based on their 1989 Batting Practice Jersey. But I quickly realized that this team is called the “White Sox”, not the “Red Sox”, so that idea was quickly abandoned.

Also, in case it wasn't plainly obvious, if you look closely at the new Global logo, you’ll notice that the stitches on the baseball are actually white socks! It's the same one seen in the Diamond logo.

I really hope you guys like this one (looking at you, @coco1997!)

C&C is appreciated!

WOW! Great work here. I love the touch of gold on the Gold Series alts. The socks forming the baseball stitching on the global logo is genius, and incorporating Comiskey’s iconic pinwheels into the logo is the cherry on top. Also, I knew that BP set looked familiar! 

A few suggestions:

- I would use your “White Sox” script on at least one of the jerseys, so you don’t have four jerseys that all use the “Chicago” script. Alternately, you could use the new “White Sox” script the team started using around the park this season:

spacer.png

- Maybe make the script on the Windy City alt red, and think about dropping black entirely from the set to play up the flag color scheme more?

Keep up the awesome work! I genuinely look forward to each new team you post.

Three things 

A: why does the primary alternate and Windy City jerseys have “White Sox “ in the underline in the script  and the silver series road and primary road doesn’t? 
B: for the Windy City hat, how about putting the four stars on the brim of the hat or the underline in the script? 
C : good work!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Extraordinary work here! Thank you for sharing these with us... First, let me say I really enjoy the thought that you've put into all of these. Second, I'm a White sox fan from Chicago, I want to say you might have created the perfect set for the Southsiders. I think you've succeeded in melding together every good era of the White sox uni's in one concept. 👏 I love how you've featured the sock in diamond logo, a very underrated secondary logo. I love how you incorporated the Chicago flag colors in the the Windy City set , I was thinking what if you make the cap for that set more the colors of the flag, Just curious if it might look a little better. On the Global logo could you maybe make all the lettering in the word mark face the same way, so Chicago and White Sox face all the same direction and reads all the same ?   Absolutely amazing though once again , maybe the best White sox concept I've seen and there have been some really good ones on here!

On 10/5/2019 at 10:13 AM, 1stRound DraftPick said:

On to the AL Central, starting with the Southsiders of Chi Town....

rucDoFO.png

CHICAGO WHITE SOX

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Global Logo – All-new logo! Used for global marketing.

Primary Logo – Update of current Primary Logo.

Secondary Logo – Update of current Alternate Logo.

Tertiary Logos:
- Batterman, update of the 1980s Alternate Logo.
- Vintage Sox, update the 1936 Primary Logo.

Primary Home – Update of the 2019 Home Jersey.
Primary Road – Update of the 2019 Road Jersey.
Primary Neutral – All-New jersey. Based on the 1973 Road Jersey. Six-pointed star on sleeve. Worn sparingly during the season and all of Spring Training.

LATE 20th CENTURY

Silver Series Home – Update of the 1993 Alternate Jersey.
Silver Series Road – Update of the 1969 Road Jersey.
Windy City – Based on the 1973 Road Jersey. Six-pointed star on sleeve.

EARLY 20th CENTURY

Gold Series Home – Update of the 1936 Home Jersey.
Gold Series Road – Update of the 1916 Road Jersey. Worn with black pants.
Patriotic – Update of the 1917 World Series Home Jersey. Flag on left sleeve the celebrate the troops of the Great War (WWI), patch on right sleeve to celebrate their 1906, 1917, and 2005 World Series titles.

THE 80'S

Batterman – Update of the 1982 Home Jersey.

Batterman Alternate – All-new jersey based on the 1986 BP Jersey.
Batting Practice – All-new jersey. Based on a losing design from their 1981 Uniform Design contest.

The Chicago White-Sox have had many different uniform designs over the years. Because of this, a lot of jerseys had to be sacrificed in order to keep the updated designs consistent. I know, I gave the Yankees random designs, but they were simply an exception that I likely wont repeat.

I also decided to have black and white as the White Sox main color scheme, with splashes of silver, gold, and red to highlight their three other uniform sets (Silver for their current era jerseys, gold for their vintage era jerseys, and red for their 80s jerseys).

Still, black and white are the primary colors here. I considered adding an all-red jersey, based on their 1989 Batting Practice Jersey. But I quickly realized that this team is called the “White Sox”, not the “Red Sox”, so that idea was quickly abandoned.

Also, in case it wasn't plainly obvious, if you look closely at the new Global logo, you’ll notice that the stitches on the baseball are actually white socks! It's the same one seen in the Diamond logo.

I really hope you guys like this one (looking at you, @coco1997!)

C&C is appreciated!

Chicago needs you on retainer, that BP jersey needs that as a regular set and that global logo is wow.

• 1stRound DraftPick changed the title to 1STROUND DRAFTPICK'S SUPER JERSEY COLLECTION CONCEPT (CHICAGO WHITE SOX ADDED!!)

Archived