Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

FIFA Unveils Qatar 2022 World Cup Logo

FIFA Unveils Qatar 2022 World Cup Logo

September 3, 2019 - 17:39 PM

The Fédération Internationale de Football Association unveiled its logo for the 22nd FIFA World Cup, to be played in Qatar beginning in the month of November 2022. The logo uses a traditional woollen shawl with “swooping curves” meant to represent […]

Read More...

I don't understand.

Why it spells "Qat_ar" instead of "Qatar"?

9 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

I don't understand.

Why it spells "Qat_ar" instead of "Qatar"?

To look like Arabic 

". . . The logo uses a traditional woollen shawl with “swooping curves” meant to represent desert dunes in the shape of the FIFA World Cup Trophy, an infinity symbol, and the number eight."

Oh :censored: off, FIFA

I like the stylized "Qatar" script. It's far too good for an event like this. 

The stylized Qatar is great. The logo isn’t great, I struggle to see the World Cup trophy with that shape. Surprised a vertical line wasn’t placed to resemble a dollar sign

Stylistically. .. it looks more infinity symbol than 8. And it doesn’t look like the trophy at all. 

On the whole, it should be a bloody bag of cash. 

"...the trophy boldly symbolizes the amount of embezzled money involved in the FIFA/Qatar award process"
Keith Myaths

3 hours ago, bosrs1 said:

Stylistically. .. it looks more infinity symbol than 8. And it doesn’t look like the trophy at all. 

On the whole, it should be a bloody bag of cash. 

2022-fifa-world-cup-logo-square.jpg

The first thing I saw was a noose, so close enough.

Yeah. Here's the thing. The literal enslavement of migrant workers is central to the narrative of this World Cup. You can't really separate it from the event itself. 

I will admit that this wing of the discussion is probably best served for the Sports in General thread while the Sports Logos one is left to the design end of things. Which is why I'm moving this wing of the discussion over there. 

That being said, abhorrent treatment of workers and bribery are so integral to this World Cup's narrative that I'm not censoring the "should have been a bloody bag of money" stuff from the logo thread. If that annoys you? Grow a thicker skin. 

48 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

One way to avoid that is to not label things political :censored:shows.

It's really really hard to separate this particular World Cup from the horrors that created it. I'm not saying CCSLC has a moral imperative to call out modern slavery in all its forms, but I do think we as individuals should when it's so clearly in our faces.

Fwiw, I'm following the lead of a mod. If we can't discuss the Qatar world cup without discussing forced labor, I think that says more about FIFA and Qatar than it does about us.

EDIT: And yes, I can easily boycott a World Cup. Watch me...not watch it.

Nono, I 110% agree, I'd just rather see it not turn into a back-and-forth :censored: throwing contest like it was/is. The disgusting slave labor deserves to be called out, but I'd rather it not devolve into an argument.