2005 Grey Cup Logo

specialk

Oh, cool. I've never seen it that way before. But it's true: that lion is laughing! When that logo is placed on the left of any other logo, it's laughing at it. Hmm. Stuck-up BC people...

Only thing that you got wrong is that it appears as if it's a lioness, which is kind of an insult to them....unless it's a young male lion.....then it's just confusing. :wacko:

I don't know that I was wrong per se, rather that, of the list of things wrong with the logo I neglected this salient point. It's not even a boy lion.

This logo belongs in the WNBA or similar.

As for laughing at the other team, well, they play just as many Road games, so what it the Lion doing then, laughing behind their back?

Perhaps this should be Mero's Challenge.

Design a logo for the BC Lions that's not an Orange Laughing Girl Lion.

PS I'm sorry, I'm not really on the Grey Cup any more am I?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Lions do need a new logo--as it looks like it was scribbled out in 2 or 3 minutes...

HOWEVER--it is NOT a lioness, or a young male--it fact putting a mane on it would be wrong--the BC Lion is a MOUNTAIN LION!!--which makes sense for the team-a lot more sense than the Detroit Lions...

The team is named after mountains in the Vancouver area called, (get this) "the Lions"

Since "the BC Mountain Lions" is too much of a mouthful--(imagine "the British Columbia Mountain Lions")---and it would be shortened to simply "Lions" anyway, Lions again makes sense...

So design a new logo if you wish (and I would like to see them), but please make it a Mountain Lion---

Wow--that's enough defending of my second least favorite CFL team...

(As a side note my Madden CFL league in expanding to 32 teams has not only the

(mountain) Lions--but also the Panthers, Cougars and Pumas--the latter 3 having cool logos--(none of them from actual pro football teams though) so a good logo is doable--and I did not plan to have so many wildcat teams--it just happened.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The Lions do need a new logo--as it looks like it was scribbled out in 2 or 3 minutes...

HOWEVER--it is NOT a lioness, or a young male--it fact putting a mane on it would be wrong--the BC Lion is a MOUNTAIN LION!!--which makes sense for the team-a lot more sense than the Detroit Lions...

The team is named after mountains in the Vancouver area called, (get this) "the Lions"

Since "the BC Mountain Lions" is too much of a mouthful--(imagine "the British Columbia Mountain Lions")---and it would be shortened to simply "Lions" anyway, Lions again makes sense...

So design a new logo if you wish (and I would like to see them), but please make it a Mountain Lion---

Wow--that's enough defending of my second least favorite CFL team...

Well, there you go.

It's an orange, laughing mountain lion.

Thanks for the explanation Stampy. (If I may be so familiar)

Is there a great deal of difference between a Mountain Lion and a cougar?

Or are they the same thing?

If so why not call them the BC Cougars?

BYU has an excellent cougar logo.

Recoloured it would still look much better something similar to this one.

BCL3.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

(i dont think this has been posted yet, sorry if it has)

CFL unveiled the logo for this years Grey Cup. Looks pretty cool to me....what do you guys think?

greycup.jpg

*edit* 2005, not 2004 :blink:

The logo looks really good!!! :flagcanada:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Depending who you ask-mountain lions, cougars, panthers, and pumas are not a whole lot different--at least visually...but since they've had the name for 50 years, and it's from a local geographic formation, I don't think Cougars would fly (as a name I mean--not literally :D )

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Depending who you ask-mountain lions, cougars, panthers, and pumas are not a whole lot different--at least visually...but since they've had the name for 50 years, and it's from a local geographic formation, I don't think Cougars would fly (as a name I mean--not literally :D )

Shamelessly copying the BYU Cougar then, and reversing it (hey it worked for Waco Marshalls), the BC Lions could therefore have a logo as good as this:

BCL4.gif

Oh, I forgot his wings, maybe the next iteration. :)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived