New Volkswagen Logo

JerseyJimmy

16 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

For easy reference, this article has all the previous logos in one image:

vw-logo-history-lead-image.jpg

Agree that it feels too skinny.

Seeing them all together there makes me hate the bottom points of the W not meeting the circle even more.  It doesn't look right.

I think this is a case where the logo as you'd see it on the cars - chrome - will look better than this black print version.  Here it looks very flat/plain, whereas the chrome logo will give it some depth and "texture".  The previous blue one looked too busy with the beveled edges for my liking.

But that W not meeting the circle........ugh.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, rmc523 said:

Seeing them all together there makes me hate the bottom points of the W not meeting the circle even more.  It doesn't look right.

I think this is a case where the logo as you'd see it on the cars - chrome - will look better than this black print version.  Here it looks very flat/plain, whereas the chrome logo will give it some depth and "texture".  The previous blue one looked too busy with the beveled edges for my liking.

That's where the secret Diesel exhaust leaves

as for the logo itself, this is massive improvement, though considering where they started, any movement from the Web 2.0 styling would have been. it boggles the mind that they were still using that kind of logo treatment in 2019. the final form is refreshing to that end— 2 colors, solid lines, a circle and 3 triangles. its a logo so intrenched in Bauhaus teachings, there just isn't a more German approach to graphic design than this. 

the Design by committee (there were nearly 40 teams of people that worked on this over the span of 9 months) starts to show in the other identity elements where everything is just what it needs to be. nothing about the other applications or touch points are noteworthy. nothing seems glaringly awful. but mediocrity is all you can hope for when you have that number of engineers and marketers involved 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 9/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, rmc523 said:

I dont think you will see it in chrome on the cars.  The new iD 3 was shown at auto shows and it was the first car with the new logo and it lights up with LEDs.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, dont care said:

I could see it being used in marketing but not an official name change. That would honestly be dumb.

Also: what's happening in 2 days?

15 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Also: what's happening in 2 days?

*checks calendar*.... riiiiiight. 😉

The source added that the company was not hacked, that the announcement was not a joke, and that it was not a marketing ploy.

I saw, I came, I left.

Ugh. If this is an April Fool's joke, they should have confessed when it leaked early. I'm willing to go along with a lot of dumb jokes, but it has to be confined to that one day.

It's not absurd enough to be an April Fool's joke.  Funny thing is that when I was a little kid I always said "Voltswagon".  For some reason I couldn't say "Volkswagon".  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived