simtek34

Uniform Rules you would Add or Enforce in Sports

No memorial patches for athletes who died in DUI’s, especially if other people died because of them.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:30 PM, neo_prankster said:

If jersey sponsors are the new norm in the NBA....

CoverCard-NBASponsoredJerseys-Horizontal

I would put Jerry West back on the front of the jersey, above the jersey manufacturer logo.

Champion-NBA-logo-Patches.jpg

Rather than on the back above the nameplate (below).

san-antonio-spurs-jersey-patch.jpg

If sponsors become the norm, I'd put them in the back. Switch them with them NBA logo.

MLB

Stirrups, high socks, or long pants are the only three options. Each sock must be uniform across the team, and may only contain a solid color or a typical striping pattern.

White at home and grey on the road. One day a week may be dedicated to a color jersey. Grey/white alts are permitted, but cannot be work more than 20 games each.

NHL

Color v color is permitted, with teams allowed to choose to wear white or colored jerseys at home and on the road. If a conflict exists, it is the duty of the home team to change. This prevents the road team from carrying around two sets of equipment.

Soccer

Socks must be worn in a traditional manner, and cutting off the bottom to wear grip socks is now banned.

Ads are limited to four on the uniform. Front, sleeve, and below the numbers on the jersey and front panel of the shorts.

NBA

White cannot be worn on the road. Three jersey max.

NFL

Socks cannot match the pants without significant striping on both items and half of the sock must be white in color.

47 minutes ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

If sponsor's of the norm, I'd put them in the back. Switch them with them NBA logo.

Yeah I think your idea would be better.

Universal

- No ads except for the MLS. They can keep them. NBA has enough places on the courts with ads of different companies. Stop invading.

- No speciality uniforms (no GFGS, no BFBS, no fathers day, mothers day, veterans day, independnce day, no breast cancer, no jackie robinson, no pride uniforms, no gimmicks, nothing). Just home, away, 1-2 alternates (throwbacks included).

- League logos on front (except MLB. Will be placed elsewhere). Manufacture logo allowed on the side or back at minimal size.

NBA

- White Uniforms at home. Yellow ones granfathered in for home (Lakers, Warriors, Cavs, etc.). Dark/Colored uniforms on the road.

- Team specific warm ups RETURN! Other apparel (shooting shirts, headbands, etc) will be generic.

- Team colored sneakers are required. No more random colored sneakers.

- Oh yeah, NO MORE ASSOCIATION, ICON, CITY, PRIDE, MUNICIPALITY jersey designations. Jist sinple Home, Away, Alternate, Throwback will do.

NFL

- Facemasks must be team official color. No more gray masks (unless gray is an official color)

- Team socks cannot be the same color as team pants

- During the seasons, six weeks will be designated as "Rivalry weeks" for divisional matchups. Teams will be allowed to wear throwbacks during these games.

MLB

- NO MORE MANUFACTURER ON HATS.

- White homes. Colored aways. No more colored vs colored.

NHL

- Eh.... the white home vs white away I'm indifferent to. Although I grew up with White at home so I guess that can go back.

- THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE: Ottawa must install the 2D Profile Senator logo as their primary logo! 😊

That's all folks.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:38 PM, QueenCitySwarm said:

This is interesting. Let's see here:

MLB

• NOB is required for road uniforms. Opposing fans might not know the players, and it creates a standard.

Even for the Yankees?

Football (all levels)--Give officials the option of wearing white pants instead of black in August & September. 

Football (Jr High and above)--No more windbreakers (half or full sleeve) for coaches. Also no more long sleeve t-shirts for coaches when it is at least 80 degrees. It gets me seeing the HC in a long sleeve t-shirt when it's 95 degrees and the marching band members without their coats on in the stand. This kinda dovetails into my next suggestion.

Marching bands (high school & college)--To me seeing them in the stands wearing t-shirts and a glorified pair of overalls seems a bit tacky. I understand the need to be comfortable, so for warm weather and/or early season games I suggest at least one of the following:  a polo shirt with shorts, or a short-sleeve pullover blouse not unlike the long-sleeved ones many bands favored in the late 70s/early 80s.

Baseball (high school, college, minor league, wooden bat/summer/independent professional teams, and especially MLB)--Full uniform (yes that includes a jersey Aaron Boone, Terry Francona, et al). No more half or full-sleeve windbreakers; and especially no more hoodies or batting practice tops. Speaking of hoodies, this leads to my next point.

Baseball (all levels)--No more hoodies when it's 70 degrees or higher. What is the deal about wearing a hoodie in the dead of summer (eg triple digits in the soon to become former home stadium of the Texas Rangers)? I will allow any pitchers who get on base (for the time being this seems to only apply to the National League) the option of putting on a light windbreaker or something heavier in cooler weather (the same dispensation will apply to being in the dugout when not pitching).

Football (Jr High and above, something I overlooked earlier)--A polo shirt (short or long sleeve) will suffice for coaches. During cool/cold weather, I will allow them to add auxiliary equipment like sweatshirts, hoodies, parkas, turtlenecks, and sweater vests to this basic dress. And I would prefer the coaches to not necessarily wear a different color polo than the player's jerseys (Saban, for example). And NO hoodies when it is at least 70 degrees (Bellicheck)

MLB--No more specialty uniforms (Jackie Robinson Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Independence Day, and Player's weekend). A patch will be good enough for JR Day. Also on JR Day, umpires will wear their normal sleeve #s instead of 42 all around. I am not against color vs color matchups--as long as the teams wear different colored pants (white for home, gray for road). I am also not against monochrome uniforms (powder blue for example), as long as the other team wears either white or gray pants as appropriate; nor am I against teams like the Pirates wearing different colored jerseys & pants once a week. Any throwback (like the Astros "Tequila Sunrise" or the White Sox late 70s look) can only be worn once a week. And during the World Series (since it is always a prime-time game), base and outfield umpires will be in coats and ties. The plate ump can still choose his plate coat, windbreaer, or polo (short or long sleeve, black and not blue) a la the regular season. Another change for umpires I would suggest is that if it is comfortable enough, the base umpires can wear the same long sleeved polo that many wear when working the plate.

NBA--Home team will either wear white or a light color (Lakers in Yellow, Spurs in Gray for example), with the visitors in a dark contrasting color. Home team, however, may wear that dark contrasting color for no more than 10% of their home games, with the visiting time in white. Keep ASG uniforms simple (just "East" or "West" along with a number on the front, with last name and number on back), with the Conference whose home court is hosting the event in white--and the other one in a dark contrasting color that matches the color of the home court. For example, at an ASG in San Antonio the Western Conference stars will wear white--while their Eastern counterparts will wear black. Finally, no more funky names like "Association", "The Hood", "The Crib", "Big Apple", "The ATL", "Alamo City", or "The 305" on jerseys.

NFL--Teams can go "White at Home" up to two times in the regular season (Cowboys, Dolphins, Bucs, for example). Colored monochrome uniforms can only be worn at home ONCE in the regular season (Here's looking at you Saints, Panthers, Seahawks, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers). A thowback(including a second helmet if the Bucs want to go Creamsicle, the Titans want to become the Oilers, the Redskins with the yellow Lombardi-inspired "R", for example) can be worn at home ONE time. Alternates that involve a color swap (Panthers' in Carolina Blue, Titans in Columbia Blue, Jaguars in Teal, Texans in Battle Red, et al) can be worn up to three times each regular season (and only once on the road). No white at home, alternates, throwbacks,  or colored monochrome during the post-season. Home team for the Super Bowl is determined by the conference of the host stadium (AFC in Miami Gardens, NFC in San Fran, for example), with the designated home team wearing their primary color jersey (but no monochrome pants) and the visiting team wearing white jerseys with their choice of pants. 

MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL--The only advertising allowed on jerseys will be limited to either the corporate sponsor of the home stadium (the Falcons and Saints with Mercedes Benz for example) OR a major corporation whose headquarters are within a 50 mile radius of the home city (Examples would be Coca-Cola or Delta for Atlanta-based teams, American Airlines or Exxon Mobil for Dallas-based teams, and Chevron or Levi Strauss for teams based in the Bay Area).

20 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Even for the Yankees?

Yep. It doesn't interfere with pinstripes, the Yankees don't get to special just because they're the Yankees.