simtek34

Uniform Rules you would Add or Enforce in Sports

On 10/18/2019 at 8:07 AM, BJ Sands said:

- TV numbers. Jerseys look incomplete without them.

Do you hear that, Saban?

3 hours ago, msubulldog said:

Do you hear that, Saban?

They got them on the helmets, jerseys would be like teams the put the same logos on their sleeves as on their helmets.

When it comes to corporate ads, two rules I should add:

• Only ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL is allowed to have an ad on their jersey. Sorry, NBA. Not even your placements can do no harm on everyone's jerseys.
  • The sizes of the ads' logo should be a little small, not large.
  • Should a second sponsorship come in, it is only restricted to the sleeve area. Just like what the Premier League did.
  • Online gambling companies should be illegal from sponsoring a team. Seriously, they all have :censored: logos and they don't look good on any jersey at all.
  • Limit the sponsorship ads at two. Any more than that will be subjected to rejection and a small fine.

I'll elaborate with an opinion that nature of club sports in general allow for advertising- this means that franchise sports shouldn't have ads. Yes, MLS, this means you. (I'll make a small exception for sports which are niche enough that every dollar is necessary for the league to survive, so things like Major League Rugby, and arguably the WNBA are OK). 

All sports except MLB and NBA: all coaches need to dress like professionals, they must wear a suit, dress shirt with/without sweater, or polo. None of this loungewear like they just left the gym, came in from a run, or left the house/hotel before looking in a mirror. I dont care how successful you are. Yes, you, Bill Belichick! MLB is exempt because the managers and coaches are required to wear their team uniforms. NBA, the head coaches are already required to wear a suit.

All football:

Eliminate numbers on the helmet, and on the one side as well; the numbers on jerseys are big enough, you don't need them on the helmet.

Oakland, Dallas, San Fran, and Detroit are exempt from wearing gray facemask. I understand the throw back issue but IMO, no team with a helmet other than a metallic one should wear a gray facemask.

Lower socks should be white and upper socks should be color other than white when wearing white pants.

Baseball:

I'm from a generation where stirrups were part of the uniform. I dont see whats the reason for the pants down to the ankles (looks like dress pants) or the calf high socks (looks like you're waiting for the tide to come in, or diggin for clams!).

Just now, Tygers09 said:

NBA, the head coaches are already required to wear a suit.

As are coaches in the NHL ;)

1 minute ago, Tygers09 said:

None of this loungewear like they just left the gym, came in from a run, or left the house/hotel before looking in a mirror. I dont care how successful you are. Yes, you, Bill Belichick!

The NFL's own rules state that coaches have to wear official sideline gear. And as neither Nike or New Eras are making suits? Well...

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

As are coaches in the NHL ;)

The NFL's own rules state that coaches have to wear official sideline gear. And as neither Nike or New Eras are making suits? Well...

They should make sweaters and dress shirts available, corporations in general, make this mandatory to their employees! Why not them? Oh thats right, the NFL does as they please.

31 minutes ago, Tygers09 said:

They should make sweaters and dress shirts available, corporations in general, make this mandatory to their employees! Why not them? Oh thats right, the NFL does as they please.

The NFL wants to shill t-shirts and sweatshirts and ugly hats. They need someone to do it and coaching staff seems like the most visible place for it. 

1 hour ago, Tygers09 said:

None of this loungewear like they just left the gym, came in from a run, or left the house/hotel before looking in a mirror. I dont care how successful you are. Yes, you, Bill Belichick!

Actualy, Bill Belichick wants to be able to wear suits during games, but he can’t since the rules stipulate that they can only wear official NFL Supplied gear from Nike, New Era, etc...

That is the reason he wears the grey sleeveless cut-up hoodies. It’s a form of rebellion of the NFL Rules. Also why he changes into suits before a lot of Post-Game Press Conferences.

So if Nike started making NFL Team-Branded suits, Belichick would be all for it most likely. But they don’t.
Back in 2005, Mike Nolan wanted to wear suits during games, but the NFL/Reebok wouldn’t allow it. But since he really wanted it so much and pushed for it, he had a 49ers suit custom-made by Reebok for him to be able to wear.

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

So if Nike started making NFL Team-Branded suits, Belichick would be all for it most likely. But they don’t.
Back in 2005, Mike Nolan wanted to wear suits during games, but the NFL/Reebok wouldn’t allow it. But since he really wanted it so much and pushed for it, he had a 49ers suit custom-made by Reebok for him to be able to wear.

It would be so simple to make the kind of jacket for each team that Hank Stram used to wear.

hank-stram-chiefs.jpg

NBA:

•If you're wearing a compression gear; those clothes must match the color of the uniform worn or contrast the uniform as long as its not white or black.

Example:

spacer.png

- Anthony Davis for example, can only wear purple to contrast the yellow since white is used as an accent color. If he worn the purple, wear yellow compression shirts/gear or white but not black. JJ Reddick can wear navy blue only for the red jersey. for the blue jersey, red or white is good. Pelicans gold is an accent so...no gold. (ill brush up on this rule in the future)

•Light Colors = Home; Dark Colors = Away. no deviations.

•Head coaches wear team color suits.

Example:

spacer.png

Imagine Pat Riley with a purple, white, and/or yellow Armani Suit that he liked to wear during his coaching days...or red/ yellow/ black for the heat. (or maybe at least a tie and a button up that fit the team colors)

Can I ask why some basketball players have to wear t-shirts under jerseys? Are they that insecure of their shoulders and arms??

19 minutes ago, Tygers09 said:

Can I ask why some basketball players have to wear t-shirts under jerseys? Are they that insecure of their shoulders and arms??

I know for AD he wears one for a legitimate medical reason, others it might just be a comfort thing.

On 11/29/2019 at 8:45 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It would be so simple to make the kind of jacket for each team that Hank Stram used to wear.

hank-stram-chiefs.jpg

You'd think the NFL would have some sort of licensing deal with a high end designer or retailer for blazers like that.

44 minutes ago, ltp74 said:

You'd think the NFL would have some sort of licensing deal with a high end designer or retailer for blazers like that.

They just recently signed a licensing deal with Men's Warehouse. So there's some hope, I guess

Image result for nfl men's wearhouse

On 11/29/2019 at 5:23 PM, Tygers09 said:

Football coaches are also more physically active during a game than many coaches in other sports. Many wrestling coaches "dress down too"

Has any coach besides Bum Phillips worn blue jeans during a game? Not just the NFL but the NBA, College Football or Basketball? The past 6 or 7 years most of the high to mid level execs I see all seem to go with the blazer, fancy dress shirt with no tie and fancy jeans look, seems like that could bleed over to at least basketball. 

On 12/2/2019 at 9:26 AM, ltp74 said:

Has any coach besides Bum Phillips worn blue jeans during a game? Not just the NFL but the NBA, College Football or Basketball? The past 6 or 7 years most of the high to mid level execs I see all seem to go with the blazer, fancy dress shirt with no tie and fancy jeans look, seems like that could bleed over to at least basketball. 

Search "Larry Brown denim overalls"

Ah, the 1970s......

On 12/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, Tygers09 said:

And some of these are long-sleeved t's. Maybe to hide all the tattoos they have?