How Every NFL Team Got It's Name & Identity

On 9/13/2019 at 7:09 AM, Gothamite said:

They appear to be using the mothership as reference for those logos, though, which means they still managed to get the Packers all wrong.  🤬

thats disappointing. you’d think something like this coming from the NFL would be cross checked with the Hall of Fame or they’d have that historian actually look at everything before it goes out. i guess thats the NFL in a nutshell when it comes to reverence for their logos and team branding. “close enough; put it out”.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

And it’s another reason why we should fix the freaking database already.  

I bet I can find a half-dozen errors on the Packers page alone, and that’s only because I know the Packers’ history more than other teams.  Most likely we can find errors on everything with the possible exceptions of the Texans, Jaguars, and any other team from the digital era. 

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

And it’s another reason why we should fix the freaking database already.  I bet I can find a half-dozen errors on the Packers page alone. 

But @CC97 never posts here anymore and doesn’t really respond on Twitter. We should encourage him to let us handle more of the updates (once we officially clear things with the leagues).

On 9/15/2019 at 5:54 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

thats disappointing. you’d think something like this coming from the NFL would be cross checked with the Hall of Fame or they’d have that historian actually look at everything before it goes out. i guess thats the NFL in a nutshell when it comes to reverence for their logos and team branding. “close enough; put it out”.

Such as something like this:

spacer.png

HAROLDS?  Given the time-frame, was this their logo?:

spacer.png

(for the uninitiated, the correct name was the Detroit Heralds. And that bespectacled guy is the great silent film star Harold Lloyd, in the movie The Freshman)

It is what it is.

Damn!  How did I miss that?

At least I got the Harold Lloyd reference.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived