St. Louis MLS Concept, 2019 Model

BigRed618

I’ve lost count, how many times I’ve done and redone this concept, but this will be the first time I’ve revisited this since my city was at last granted an MLS team. 

spacer.png

I always felt Wanderers would be a nice name for them. There are teams in England that use the term in their name, specifically those who have had a hard time finding a place to play in their early history, and it relates to the famous explorers Lewis and Clark. It can also be a tasteful reference to Native Americans, since many of the tribes from the area were known to be nomadic. The crest is inspired by those used by English clubs, where a ribbon beneath a shield is a popular design. Last time I made a concept for StL MLS, I was advocating for a brown and orange color scheme, but this time I leaned toward a color scheme inspired by the city's flag.

As as for the kits, I always felt that since Chivas USA folded, I really wanted to see another team own the candy-stripes. The second kit has a color scheme inspired by the Blues, as well as a subliminated barry wavy pattern taken from the city's flag, while the third is a tribute to S.C. Kutis, a local amateur club that dominated the American soccer scene in the past.

Thats about it. Let me know what you think.

• 1 year later...

Archived