BrassBash3 - Semi-Finals

Gordie

Winter

Gordie

Alright, guys...

This is where I'll need a little help to make me see things from you eyes...

The concept that has been bothering me all along for one reason, and only one is Braden's.

If this becomes teh ALT Leafs' shirt, I'll be at the door of River City Sports at 8:00am Monday.

Because I do love it... But I can not see any URBAN connection to it.

If anything the colour scheme reminds me of the Toronto Argos.

Nothing persoal Braden...

Frenchie, I think one of the interesting aspects of this contest was how each of the entrants formed their own interpretation of what would appeal to an 'Urban' audience. I think one of the things that accounts for the diversity in concepts is the actual diversity of the urban population, and the different things that may appeal to distinct groups within that population.

While some of the entries are edgier, I think Braden's has a sophisticated look that doesn't pander to stereotypes. I think it's cool, and it's as appropriate an entry as any other in this contest. :grin:

Frenchie, I think one of the interesting aspects of this contest was how each of the entrants formed their own interpretation of what would appeal to an 'Urban' audience. I think one of the things that accounts for the diversity in concepts is the actual diversity of the urban population, and the different things that may appeal to distinct groups within that population.

While some of the entries are edgier, I think Braden's has a sophisticated look that doesn't pander to stereotypes. I think it's cool, and it's as appropriate an entry as any other in this contest. :grin:

Fair interpretation.

I guess in my mind the term "Urban" brought some "Hip Hop" images to mind.

I just think in this environment, it's important to judge according to specific criteria, at least that's what I do. For example, I loved that Flyers' but couldn't "feel the vibe".

"Irregardless" :P of the contest, I will reiterate my liking for that concept, sophisticated describes it well, and the Leafs do need a new look.

p.s.: I also appreciated how you responded to my comment in a very respectful way. I was afraid I may get trash-talked for it.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Current Standings:

Clannhoran - 1

WintersinBuffalo - 16

Braden - 3

Gordie - 14

Frenchie, I think you have a valid point of view, but with concerns like the one you brought up, I just think it should be left to the individual voters to decide. :grin:

Frenchie, I think you have a valid point of view, but with concerns like the one you brought up, I just think it should be left to the individual voters to decide. :grin:

Obviously with results like this, I have to say: The People has spoken...

:therock:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Just to chime in on the whole 'urban' interpretation... if I were to start from the beginning with a new design I probably I would have gone a different route and not portrayed any specific 'urban' demographic. I would have focused more on the style of the jersey, and not the elements of the design.

However, as I stated when I entered, the design, it was originally done for Discrim's Black History Month contests, and felt that it still fit well within this contest, so I didn't change anything.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Whoah whoah whoah!

Listen... I took my influence on this concept from the G-Unit clothing line that rapper 50 Cent has out. The font I used is the same, and I added baby blue for the sole reason that it's "in style" in the urban scene. I kept the block numbers due to the retro sports popularity, and I did the piping cause I thought it looked good IMO but it's obviously not good enough to be Gordie though :P

I do research all the time to look for influences in my concepts, and I think this meets all criteria for this contest.

Look, I intended it to be something I could see the latest rapper wearing it in his new music video. That's what I interpreted this contest to be about, so if you don't agree with me, don't vote for my concept.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Final results of Semi-Final voting:

Winners in red

Matchup A

Clannhoran - 1

WintersinBuffalo - 18

Matchup B

Braden - 4

Gordie - 15

WintersinBuffalo and Gordie advance to the Final

Clannhoran and Braden meet in the Consolation Final

Thanks to everyone who voted. :grin: