Sign in to follow this  
Viperion101

Omaha NFL Team

So this concept is going to be part of a larger NFL Expansion Series, but for now, I need help. So here's the logo for the team, and I'm wanting to do something that follows the railroad/train theme that has been a part of Omaha's history for many years. The trouble is on the name. I like Streamliners (a streamliner is a type of train with a rounded, streamlined design. These were common during the 1930's-1960's), it's a unique name, but the problem is that it's too long (12 letters), and can't easily be abbreviated. Locomotives/Locos could work also, since it can be easily shortened. I included Express also since the name's available after the dissolution of the AAF, and it fits the train theme. Let me know your thoughts. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

A. I kinda agree with that on second glance.

B. Yeah, that one sounds good

C. They'd need a new stadium, they'd play at TD Ameritrade Park before that

D. Thanks

Good job, I disagree that it's too Eighties...

As far as names go, what about Railers? Or less train themed, and more track layer themed with "Spikes"?

As in spike a football.... I want to say there was once a volleyball team called the Omaha Golden Spikes.

8 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

As far as names go, what about Railers? Or less train themed, and more track layer themed with "Spikes"?

Railers would work, I think I'm gonna go with Locomotives. It'll be easily shortened to "Locos", like they did with the Las Vegas Locomotives back when the UFL (I think that's which one it is, it was only around for a few years), but with a better fit to the location. 

Random thought: I'll never understand Omaha as a target city for football leagues.  They're the 69th largest media market in the US.  For reference, Salt Lake City and Louisville are 39th and 40th, respectively.

That said I think the O-Train logo has a lot of versatility and is nice work.  It would look slick on a hockey jersey.  Might be a cool AHL / ECHL brand.  It might even be a great cap logo for a minor league baseball team. The font comes off a little dated.