2019-2020 NHL Thread

Gary

I'm not a huge fan of Torts outside of what he can do for my favorite professional hockey team, but the job he did on Cooper in the playoffs was eye-opening. One of the most thorough and devastating takedowns of coach-on-coach crime I've ever seen. Jon Cooper got manhandled in every facet of hockey coaching in that series and he looked like he knew it when they shook hands after Game 4. I got the sense that if the two guys flipped rosters Cooper's Blue Jackets would've been swept by Tortorella's Lightning.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Jarome Iginla and Marian Hossa, two of the best who ever played the game, and to Doug Wilson, who was also pretty good for a long time. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 6/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, Sport said:

I'm not a huge fan of Torts outside of what he can do for my favorite professional hockey team, but the job he did on Cooper in the playoffs was eye-opening. One of the most thorough and devastating takedowns of coach-on-coach crime I've ever seen. Jon Cooper got manhandled in every facet of hockey coaching in that series and he looked like he knew it when they shook hands after Game 4. I got the sense that if the two guys flipped rosters Cooper's Blue Jackets would've been swept by Tortorella's Lightning.

Urinatingtree's term "tactically rawdogging" seemed fitting. 

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

Congratulations to Jarome Iginla and Marian Hossa, two of the best who ever played the game, and to Doug Wilson, who was also pretty good for a long time. 

And then there's Kevin Lowe. 😛

All me to congratulate Jarome Iginla by saying he would have had his name on the cup if he joined the Bruins in 2013(yes he joined the following year, but still). 

No, I'm not salty at all. 

But in all seriousness I am happy for him, I enjoyed watching him in Calgary. Always hoped he could have been at least like Ray Bourque and win a cup with another team. 

Mystery team wins No. 1 draft pick in 2020 lottery
Maximum chaos!

A mystery team has just won the first-overall pick — and the right to select Alexis Lafreniere — in the 2020 NHL Draft.

The L.A. Kings will select No. 2 overall.

NHL is doin' NHL things again

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

OITGDNHL

What a kick in the teeth to the seven teams that are going to have 10+ month offseasons.

....or in Eugene Melnyk's case, a kick in the liver.

I saw, I came, I left.

2 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Remind me again why the play-in teams were involved in this? (I actually don’t know if I know the reasoning)

I imagine it's because they're considering the play-in basically like a form of the regular season, and thus the teams eliminated from the play-in would be considered non-playoff teams and become eligible for the lottery.

Archived